Admission Charges and Opening Times
- Opening Times
- Daily Admission Charges
- Disabled Access
- Unlimited Vehicle Access Pass
- Coach Bookings
- Admission Rules
The Park is open 365 days of the year to the public from dawn until dusk.
Vehicle entry to the Park is from 6am to 9pm.
The Gatehouse is usually staffed and open:
- Summer Season 1 April 31 October - 9am to 4.45pm daily
- Winter Season 1 November to 31 March - 10am to 2pm Saturday and Sunday and closed Monday to Friday.
The toilets are open from 9.30am to 4.30pm near the café and are open near the entrance to the static site during the summer season only.
Emergencies should be reported to the Gatehouse staff by telephone on 01234 711575 or contact the appropriate emergency service directly.
Daily Admission Charges
Vehicles enter the Park via the main entrance off the A509 Olney Road in Emberton. Vehicle entrance charges per day (on day of issue only):
- April to October £4.50 per vehicle
- November to March £2.00 per vehicle
Pay on entry at the machine using credit/debit card or coins. Google Pay and Apple Pay are not accepted. Where possible please use contactless payment as this is quicker and safer. If paying by cash please have the exact money as the machine does not give change.
Free admission to visitors on foot, bicycle, and horseback. Pedestrians can enter the Park from a number of entrances. Bike racks are provided in the main parking area by the café.
Free entry for vehicles displaying a Disabled Blue Badge Permit during the gatehouse opening times. There are reserved spaces for the disabled in the main car park, near to the cafe. This also provides access to toilet facilities for the disabled.
The main pathway through the Park has a hard paved surface that is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs for most of the year. However, parts of the path can be wet in winter and after heavy rain.
Unlimited Vehicle Access Pass
This pass gives the holder free access to the Park, by using a plastic fob which is swiped at the entrance gate machine. Passes are issued at the Gatehouse.
- April 2021 to March 2022 - £56.00
- May 2021 to March 2022 - £51.00
- June 2021 to March 2022 - £44.00
- July 2021 to March 2022 - £39.00
- August 2021 to March 2022 - £33.00
- September 2021 to March 2022 - £25.50
- October 2021 to March 2022 - £25.50
Disable Badge Holders can apply for a Vehicle Access Pass, which allows unlimited free admission to the park. There is a £5 administration charge for this service. Please enquire at the Gatehouse.
Coach bookings are not currently accepted.
We welcome dogs and responsible dog owners.
- Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Dogs must be under control at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed to enter any of the buildings within the Park the Conservation Area or the Children's Play Areas, except guide dogs.
- You must clean up after your dog for the benefit of all other users. 'Doggie bags’ may be placed into any of the Park’s waste bins.
Horse riders are welcome in the Park at no cost, as long as:
- Horses must remain on the bridleway at all times.
- Horses may not use the main entrance at any time.
- Galloping is not permitted.
The speed limit in the Park is 10mph.
Vehicles are not permitted on the grass between November and March.
No person shall drive any vehicle at the Park without road tax, insurance, a full driving licence, or while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Milton Keynes Council or the Park management (‘Park Management’) are entitled to refuse admission to the Park when, in their opinion, this is necessary in the interests of the Park and its occupants. Park Management reserves the right to limit the number of persons on the Park at any time.
Last Updated: 8 September 2021