Donations for Milton Keynes Libraries
If you love your library and would like to show support, please consider a donation.
Donations are used to enhance services and buy items to support the work of our nine libraries, the Mobile Library and local communities across Milton Keynes.
Every contribution makes a huge difference - for example, £5 buys art supplies for children's workshops; £10 buys 2 books; £20 buys a bestseller eBook; £50 buys a new Reading Group book set.
Donations can only be accepted at Milton Keynes Central Library.
As our libraries have limited shelf space, a few restrictions are necessary:
- Books should be less than 3 years old and in nearly new condition
- Encyclopaedias cannot be accepted
- Magazines should be less than 4 months old
- We cannot guarantee that an item will stay at a particular location
- We cannot guarantee that donated items will be put into stock as they are subject to the same editing guidelines as existing library stock
- Any donations not used for stock will be sold and the profits used for library income generation
- We are unable to inform donors of the usage patterns of items added to stock
- Offers of bulk donations should be referred to a senior member of library staff
- We cannot return unwanted donations to the donor
Letters of acknowledgement are not sent out as staff thank the member of the public at the time of donation.
The Betterworld Books website provides some useful options for donating unwanted books.
Shop at Amazon
Did you know that every time you shop at Amazon online using the Milton Keynes Libraries Amazon link you will earn us commission and be supporting your local libraries? Read more about this on the Shop at Amazon web page.
Last Updated: 15 March 2020