Donations for Milton Keynes Libraries
Donations can only be accepted at Milton Keynes Central Library.
As our libraries have limited shelf space, a few restrictions are necessary:
- Books should be less than 3 years old and in nearly new condition
- Encyclopaedias cannot be accepted
- Magazines should be less than 4 months old
- We cannot guarantee that an item will stay at a particular location
- We cannot guarantee that donated items will be put into stock as they are subject to the same editing guidelines as existing library stock
- Any donations not used for stock will be sold and the profits used for library income generation
- We are unable to inform donors of the usage patterns of items added to stock
- Offers of bulk donations should be referred to a senior member of library staff
- We cannot return unwanted donations to the donor
Letters of acknowledgement are not sent out as staff thank the member of the public at the time of donation.
The Betterworld Books website provides some useful options for donating unwanted books.
Last Updated: 11 March 2019