Donations for Milton Keynes Libraries
If you love your library and would like to show support, please consider a donation.
Donations are used to enhance services and buy items to support the work of our nine libraries, the Mobile Library and local communities across Milton Keynes.
Every contribution makes a huge difference - for example, £5 buys art supplies for children's workshops; £10 buys 2 books; £20 buys a bestseller eBook; £50 buys a new Reading Group book set.
Our general policy for book donations is set out below. However, during the Covid-19 disruption, book donations can be dropped off at any of the libraries (except Central Library) by using the drop boxes during the Click and Collect hours or by using the letterboxes at Bletchley, Newport Pagnell, Stony Stratford or Woburn Sands Libraries. We are seeking donations of any books in good condition and published in 2020/21.
Some people have asked if they can buy us new books as donations - we're more than happy to receive donations this way.
If you'd like to send a book to us directly from a bookseller, please use this as the delivery address: Central Milton Keynes Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes MK9 3HL.
If you mark your purchase as a 'gift' you will be able to include a message and that way we would know who has made the donation (if you choose to include your name and library card number if you have one).
Thank you for considering making a donation.
Donations can be accepted at any of the Milton Keynes Libraries.
As our libraries have limited shelf space, a few restrictions are necessary:
- Books should be less than 3 years old and in nearly new condition
- Encyclopaedias cannot be accepted
- Magazines should be less than 4 months old
- We cannot guarantee that an item will stay at a particular location
- We cannot guarantee that donated items will be put into stock as they are subject to the same editing guidelines as existing library stock
- Any donations not used for stock will be sold and the profits used for library income generation
- We are unable to inform donors of the usage patterns of items added to stock
- Offers of bulk donations should be referred to a senior member of library staff
- We cannot return unwanted donations to the donor
Letters of acknowledgement are not sent out as staff thank the member of the public at the time of donation.
The Betterworld Books website provides some useful options for donating unwanted books.
Last Updated: 26 September 2021