Milton Keynes Libraries - Faxing Policy
- Fax prices are as advertised with no reductions.
- Freephone numbers are charged at the UK rate as the fax price includes toner, paper and staff time.
- Cover sheets will be provided on request with no limit on the number handed out.
- Charging for cover sheets is at the discretion of staff.
- A rough guide is that the cover sheet is free if it just has the bare minimum of information – such as the name of person sent to, with a brief note saying here is information requested etc.
- If a long message has been written, then the cover sheet will be charged for.
- If the cover sheet is the only page being sent then the cover sheet will be charged for.
- A fax will only be sent whilst the customer waits in the library.
- Faxes cannot be sent in a customer’s absence because of data protection and payment issues.
- Milton Keynes Libraries will keep faxes sent into the library for customers.
- It is up to the customer to ask staff to contact them when the fax they are expecting arrives.
- Customers should ensure that any fax received for them at the library is clearly marked with their name.
Problems with Faxes
- Occasionally faxes may not appear to reach their destination.
- Customers should retain the confirmation sheet and till receipt and bring them into the library if they think a problem has occurred with their sent fax. The problem may be with no paper in the receiving fax machine or a poor telephone connection.
Last Updated: 11 March 2019