Policies and Guidelines
- Access for All
- Accessibility and Equality (Milton Keynes Council)
- Byelaws - available upon request
- Conditions of Hire for Library Meeting Rooms
- Display Policy (PDF, 298KB)
- Donation of Books and Magazines
- Faxing Policy
- ICT Policy
- Library Membership Terms and Conditions
- Milton Keynes Libraries Customer Service Charter
- Parental Consent for U16s
- Photo Consent Forms
- Privacy Notice (Milton Keynes Libraries)
- Privacy Statement (Milton Keynes Council)
- Social Media Policy
- Volunteer Strategy
- Website Privacy Notice
- WiFi Terms and Conditions (PDF, 109KB)
Any system which uses internet browser cookies to preserve information about the user must first gain permission from the user to create and keep the cookies.
- access details of the items you have on loan
- renew library items online
- view reservations already placed
- update your personal details
- placing reservations
- adding reviews
- placing requests
You will need to enter your login details to proceed with these transactions.
By becoming a member of Milton Keynes Libraries and signing your Library Card you agree to these Terms and Conditions:
- I agree to be responsible for all items borrowed using this card.
- I will pay for any loss, damage or other charges incurred.
- I agree to the above conditions even if the card is lost or stolen, until the loss or theft is reported to the Library Service.
How we engage with social media
We post on social media about our own buildings, stock, events, exhibitions, Library outreach work, as well as external events and subjects we feel may be of interest to our followers. We welcome feedback and suggestions to improve our services.
Please note the following:
- We will remove any offensive or inappropriate comments or content.
- We will block anyone who repeatedly posts offensive or inappropriate comments.
- We monitor our social media accounts daily and aim to respond to any comments or queries as soon as possible.
Re-tweets (RTs) and sharing of posts/content are not endorsements; if we RT/share something, it is because we feel it is of potential interest to our followers.
Replies and Direct Messages
While we aim to respond to queries and messages posted on social media, the best way to contact us is to send an email.
Who We Follow
We welcome followers to our social media accounts - please note that if you follow us, we will not automatically follow you back. If we do follow you, it does not mean we endorse your views or posts.
Our social media accounts may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime by the various social media platforms.
Freedom of Information, Data Protection, Privacy and Copyright
Requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act and similar regulations should be emailed to us to ensure that requests are handled promptly.
We make every effort to ensure that content we share on social media does not infringe any party's copyright or other intellectual property rights. If we have shared information which infringes your intellectual property rights, please email us at Central Library.
Last Updated: 12 July 2021