- Book Lists and Recommended Reads
- What can you borrow?
- Graphic Novels and Sci-Fi
- Homework and Study Resources
- Find a Library Near You
- Join the Library
- Computers and IT Services
- Online Services
- What's Next?
- What's On
The quality of teenage fiction in recent years has gone from strength to strength. What was, in the past, a small shelf in most libraries and book shops is now a major section.
You will find a wide selection of teen books available in each of our libraries. If you aren't sure where to start you can check out some of our favourite authors or search the library teenage catalogue.
Whether you enjoy reading the classic super hero adventures of the likes of Superman and Spiderman or the more contemporary works by Neil Gaiman, such as The Sandman, we will have a title to suit you.
We also have the graphic editions of many popular works of teen fiction available in graphic format such as the Saga of Darren Shan, Alex Rider and Young Bond series’ as well as short books from the Graffix Series for those looking for a lighter read.
For more information on the graphic works out there and the characters and storylines, visit some of these recommended websites:
DC – Superman, Batman, Green Lantern etc:
Marvel – Spiderman, X-Men, etc:
Dark Horse – Star Wars, Solomon Kane etc:
Dark Horse Comics
A genre that often goes with graphic novels is science fiction, a genre which is well represented in the teen selections within Milton Keynes Libraries. Not only are the big name TV tie-ins such as Torchwood and Doctor Who but also some beautifully written works set in dystopian futures or alternative pasts as well as some excellent romps involving mad scientists and space aliens! For some recommended titles see the Book Lists.
Here are some resources that can be accessed from any computer and may be useful for homework and study.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica - Junior, Student and Adult resources
- Ephemera - John Johnson Archive
- Geography - Digital
- History - BBC
- Homework - BBC Schools Revision
- John Johnson Archive of Printed Ephemera
- Languages - Learn with the BBC
- Library Catalogue
- Maths Chase - fun with times tables
- Nationmaster - Country Profiles and Statistics
- Postcode Finder - Royal Mail
- Schools Revision - BBC Bitesize
- Schoolscience - Primary and Secondary
- Telephone Directories - BT
- Telephone Directories - Yellow Pages
Looking for advice or information? Milton Keynes Libraries can help.
Learning to drive? We can help you revise online for your Driving Theory Test.
The government offers advice for young people. The UK government's digital service for people in England and Wales delivers information and practical advice about public services, bringing them all together in one place. You can access GOV.UK on the web or on your mobile.
Last Updated: 13 May 2020