The Milton Keynes Libraries eBooks service allows library members to download books onto a computer or eBook reader. You need to be a library member to use the eBooks service but anyone can join the library.
- eBooks are FREE to download.
- You can download up to 5 eBooks for up to 3 weeks.
- Loans automatically expire after 3 weeks - avoiding overdue items and charges.
- Both fiction and non-fiction titles are available in EPUB formats.
You can download our eBooks onto:
- PCs, MACs and all eBook readers (except Kindle as Amazon do not currently allow Kindle titles to be lent by public libraries in Europe).
- iPads, iPhones and Android phones.
BUT you will not be able to download onto or via a library computer.
Please note that library staff cannot advise on technical matters relating to downloading eBooks to devices.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for information on the eBook service and system requirements.
You can always recommend an item for adding to lending stock by using the online form or you can fill in a form at one of our libraries.
If you have a question please email us with your eBook query.
- How does the eBook Service work?
- How do I choose an eBook to download?
- What is an Adobe ID? Why do I need one? How do I get one?
- What software is used to download eBooks onto my PC/MAC?
- What are the minimum System Requirements?
- How long does the eBook stay on my PC/MAC or eBook Reader?
- Can I extend the loan period?
- If an eBook is being used, can I create a reservation?
- How long have I got to download the eBook when my reserved title becomes available for me to download?
- Can I download to an Amazon Kindle Reader?
- Can I download a title more than once during the loan period?
- How do I return an eBook once I have finished reading it?
- Are all books available in eBook format?
- Which Readers are compatible with your service?
- Can I download directly to my Apple iPhone/iPad?
- Can I download directly to my Android device?
- When I try to download my books, I either get a load of code open on my screen or I get the message 'The XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it'. What is wrong?
- Why won't your eBooks work on my Reader?
- The title I wish to read is listed as being out on loan. As this is not a physical book, why can't it be downloaded an infinite number of times?
- How do I transfer my eBook to my Reader?
- Can I use this service when I go on holiday abroad?
- Who do I contact if there is a problem?
Last Updated: 16 November 2017