Kuario Wi-Fi printing and photocopying
- What is Kuario?
- How can I use Wi-Fi printing?
- Where can I find help?
- How much does printing/copying cost?
- How do I pay using Kuario?
- Where is Wi-Fi printing and copying available?
- How do I use Kuario?
- Creating and using your Kuario account
- How to upload a document to print
- How to top up your Kuario account
- How to print
- Printing without a Kuario account
- How to photocopy
Kuario is a completely serverless and cloud based service which allows you to use Wi-Fi printers. The service is GDPR compliant, and all user data is fully encrypted. You can learn more about Kuario and their services by visiting the Kuario website.
You can use Wi-Fi printing in three ways:
- with a Kuario account and using the Kuario app on your mobile phone.
- with a Kuario account and logging in on the printer.
- without a Kuario account, as long as the item you want to print is saved on your mobile phone (you must be able to scan QR codes using the camera on your phone).
The simplest way is to create a Kuario account and download the Kuario app for iOS or Android from the Kuario website.
The Kuario website offers interactive guides, how to videos, manuals and FAQs - just select the SUPPORT option on the top menu.
Printing and photocopying charges are the same.
- A4 Black and White - 20p per sheet
- A4 Colour - 75p per sheet
- A3 Black and White - 30p per sheet
- A3 Colour - £1.30 per sheet
A3 size is only available at libraries offering Wi-Fi printing and photocopying (so not at Central Library or Newport Pagnell Library).
When you attach a payment method to your account, printing/copying charges will be charged to your card; otherwise, you will use coins to pay at the printer.
Please note that if you are paying with cash, NO CHANGE IS GIVEN – if you need change, please ask at the staff desk. Please have your change ready before starting the printing/copying process.
You can use Wi-Fi printing and photocopying at these libraries:
- Bletchley Library
- Kingston Library
- Olney Library
- Westcroft Library
- Woburn Sands Library
- Wolverton Library
For step by step instructions (including images) download the guide to setting up a Kuario account and readying documents to print (PDF, 740KB) or download the guide to printing and photocopying using your Kuario account (PDF, 1.1MB).
- First open your internet browser and go to the Kuario website.
- In the top left-hand corner, you will see the option to Login. Click it.
- Then click Personal.
- Click Register New Account.
- Then enter your email address and a password.
- Click Register New Account.
- An email will be sent to your email address.
- Login to your emails and find the email from Kuario.
- Click the activation button within the email.
- If you see the thumbs up, your account has been activated and you can start printing.
- Open the Kuario app and click on Upload print.
- Choose where to find the document you want to upload. (On a library public PC you will find your saved documents on the X Drive.)
- Select the document(s) you wish to print and click ‘open’.
- You will see that a number shows against the Print Jobs icon. This means your document has been uploaded successfully.
- If you want to check your print jobs just click on the Print Jobs icon.
- The title of your document will be displayed. Click on it to see a small preview of your print.
You can also change the number of copies, choose whether you want your document double-sided, whether you want it in colour or black & white etc.
- Your document is now ready to print. You can now go to any of the machines at Kingston, Olney, Westcroft, Woburn Sands or Wolverton Libraries to release and print your documents.
You can pay by cash at all the machines. Please be aware that the machines do not give change. If you need change, please ask at the staff desk beforehand.
Alternatively you can top up your account with credit using a payment card or Paypal, so that when you print, the money is taken from the available balance on your Kuario account. You can top up your account at any time.
- Log in to your Kuario account.
- From the home screen select the Top-Up icon.
- Type in the amount you would like to top-up and select your payment method.
- You will then be prompted to enter your card details.
- Click Submit.
- Once your payment has been processed you may be logged out of your Kuario account. You can log in again to check your account has been topped up.
- The balance will display at the top of your screen.
- Select the PRINT option from the menu on the printer.
- If you have a KUARIO account select WITH ACCOUNT
- You can choose to sign in with your email address and password. (Alternatively if you have the KUARIO app on your phone, you can open the app and scan the QR code displayed on the printer screen.)
- Once you have logged in, any print jobs you have uploaded to your account will be visible on the screen.
- Select the items you want to print and press PRINT SELECTION.
- Next you will see your basket. Here you can make any changes to your selection, such as choosing to print more than one copy.
- The cost of printing the jobs will display at the side, and the total cost at the bottom.
- If you are happy with your selection press CHECKOUT and you will see the payment screen.
- If you have topped up your Kuario account SIGN IN or scan the QR code with your Kuario app and the cost of the printing will be taken from the credit on your Kuario account.
- If you prefer, you can pay in cash using the coinbox. Be aware the coinbox does not give change – if you need change ask at the staff desk.
- Your documents will now print.
It is possible to print straight from your phone without an account. The items you want to print must be saved on your phone and your phone must have a camera that can scan a QR code.
- From the menu select PRINT
- Press WITHOUT ACCOUNT
- Open the camera on your phone and scan the QR code on the screen.
- A link will flash up on your phone. Press on it and it will open the KUARIO PRINT screen.
- Press PRINT. You will see options of where to select your print from. Select the area on your phone where you have saved your document(s).
- Select the document or image you want to print and press ADD.
- The name of your document or images will appear on the KUARIO print screen. Press PRINT.
- Your print jobs will be transferred to the Konica printer.
- Press PRINT SELECTION
- Your basket will be displayed, along with the total cost of the printing. If you are happy with your selection press CHECKOUT.
- The payment screen will display. Pay your coins into the coinbox. Be aware it will not give change – if you need change please ask at the staff desk.
- Once the total amount is paid your documents will be printed.
- Lift the lid of the copier and place the paper you want to copy face down on the glass. Close the lid again.
- Select COPY from the menu.
- Select whether your copy should be colour or black & white (grayscale).
- If you need more than one copy you can select that here. If you want double-sided copying press the double-sided option. Other options can be found under ...MORE.
- Once you are satisfied with your set-up press START.
- Your original document will be scanned. If you have selected DOUBLE-SIDED you will now be prompted to turn over your original document and scan the other side.
- Once your original document(s) have been scanned your basket will be displayed.
- If you need to you can change your number of copies here. You will see the cost of your copies at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you are happy with your selection press CHECKOUT.
- You will see the payment screen. You can pay with coins into the coin tower. Be aware it will not give change. If you need change, please ask at the staff desk.
- Alternatively, if you have a KUARIO account, and have topped up your account, sign in or open the app and scan the QR code on the screen. Your payment will be taken from the credit on your account.
- Your copies will now be printed.
Last Updated: 13 September 2021