Mobile Library Service
- What services do you provide?
- What if I have difficulty getting on the vehicle?
- What happens if I miss the Mobile Library?
- Is there a charge?
- How do I join?
- Does it visit my area?
- How do I contact you?
- Current Mobile Library Timetable
|Interactive Map of Mobile Library Stops (MY MAPS: Leisure and Cultural Section)|
The mobile library carries a wide selection of items for borrowing, including:
- Books - both fiction and non-fiction
- Large print books
- Books on CD
- Children's books - both fiction and non-fiction (useful for homework)
- Board books and picture books for babies and toddlers
Staff can access the catalogue to check the availability of an item at any of the Milton Keynes Libraries and can search the internet to find local information.
Remember that all library members have access to eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers for free! Full details are on the Digital Books web page.
Don't worry. The Mobile Library has an access lift to help those who have difficulty using the steps.
If you find it difficult to visit any of the libraries, perhaps the Home Library Service will help.
If the service is cancelled or unavoidably delayed because of bad weather or a breakdown we will, whenever possible, telephone a local contact for your stop who will attempt to notify customers.
If you miss the mobile library visit and want to renew items on your library card, you can do so by phoning one of our libraries. When you ring please make it clear to us that you use the Mobile Library as renewal dates take account of when the Mobile Library next visits your area.
Items borrowed from the mobile library can be returned to any library in Milton Keynes.
It is free to join the library and to borrow books, magazines, eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers. There are hire fees to borrow books on tape and CD.
All current library charges and fines apply to items borrowed from the mobile library service.
If you already have a Milton Keynes Library Card you can borrow items from the Mobile Library immediately. Being a member of Milton Keynes Libraries gives you access to all 9 libraries plus the Mobile Library.
If you do not have a card you can join on the vehicle. Please bring an official document relating to your identity and address. It is helpful if you can also show a copy of your signature. You can also join at any library and someone will be available to help you if necessary.
Proof of address documents must have been issued within the last three months and acceptable documents are:
- driving licence
- bank/credit card statement
- electricity, gas, water or phone bill
- rent book
- Council Tax document
- State Benefit document
Other documents may be acceptable at the discretion of library staff.
You will be given your card to start borrowing items on the same day.
The mobile library stops at different locations and follows a regular timetable (PDF, 52KB). You can print the current timetable (there is a link at the top of this page) or view it below.
All enquiries about the mobile library service should be made to Milton Keynes Central Library or you can use the Online Enquiry Form.
8 October 2018 - 21 December 2018
- 09:00 – 09:45 > Neath Hill – Local Centre, Tower Crescent MK14 6JY
- 09:55 – 11:00 > Beanhill – Local Centre MK6 4LP
- 11:10 – 11:50 > Great Linford – High Street MK14 5BJ
- 12:00 – 12:45 > Shenley Wood – Shenley Wood Retirement Home MK5 6LB
- 13:30 – 14:15 > Bletchley – Windmill Hill MK3 7RG
- 14:30 – 15:30 > Newport Pagnell – Wordsworth Avenue MK16 8SB
- 15:50 – 16:45 > Newton Leys – St Helena Avenue MK3 5FL
- 09:00 – 10:00 > Heelands – Robins Childrens Centre MK13 7QL
- 10:10 - 10:45 > Great Holm – Pre-school, Kensington Drive MK8 9AY
- 10:55 – 12:15 > Fairfields – Apollo Drive MK11 4BA
- 13:00 – 15:00 > Whitehouse – Vaynol Close MK8 1AG
- 15:15 – 16:30 > New Bradwell – Community Centre MK13 0DA
- 11:20 – 12:20 > Sherington – School Lane MK16 9NF
- 13:15 – 14:15 > Newton Blossomville – The School MK43 8AL
- 14:30 – 16:30 > Lavendon – Village Hall car park MK46 4HA
- 09:00 – 10:30 > Willen – Oaktree Court MK15 9LP
- 10:40 – 11:30 > Oldbrook – Busy Bees Nursery, Duckworth Court MK6 2RX
- 11:40 – 12:40 > Bletchley – Frank Moran Centre, Melrose Avenue MK3 6PA
- 13:45 – 16:15 > Hanslope – Long Street MK19 7BW
- 09:00 – 09:45 > Old Farm/Brownswood – Britten Grove MK7 8QU
- 10:00 – 10:25 > Little Brickhill – Wyness Avenue MK17 9NG
- 10:40 – 11:25 > Milton Keynes Village – Willen Road MK10 9AF
- 11:35 – 12:00 > Simpson – The Mount MK6 3DT
- 12:15 – 12:45 > Walnut Tree – Kiddi Caru Nursery, Fyfield Barrow MK7 7AN
- 12:55 – 13:25 > Wavendon Gate – The Pavilion MK7 7RZ
- 13:35 – 14:10 > Monkston – Community Centre MK10 9FJ
Last Updated: 15 October 2018