- Which Libraries are open?
- What are the opening times?
- How long can I stay?
- What services are available?
- Are any activities taking place?
- What is not available?
- What changes have you made?
- Is it safe?
- When will other libraries open?
- Is Libraries Xtra available?
- Are you accepting book donations?
- NHS Test and Trace
These libraries are now open with a reduced service:
(Newport Pagnell Library is temporarily closed)
Central Milton Keynes, Olney, Stony Stratford and Woburn Sands Libraries remain CLOSED.
Bletchley, Kingston, Westcroft and Wolverton Libraries are open with revised hours:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 10am to 4.30pm
- Saturday – 10am to 12.30pm
We are not imposing a time limit for visitors but ask that you move through the library as quickly as possible.
When you enter the building, you will be asked to provide contact details to assist with NHS Test and Trace. Your entry and departure times will also be recorded. Please ensure that you sign out with the team member at the door as you leave.
- Where possible we ask that you visit the library alone.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or are self-isolating.
- We ask that you keep browsing time to a minimum.
- Return books using the self-service kiosks – books can be returned to any of the open libraries
- Browse for books following social distancing and directional guidance (although we would encourage you to browse online prior to your visit)
- Borrow books using the self-service kiosks
- Collect reservations (see additional information below)
- Pay fines and charges using the self-service kiosks (we cannot take any cash or card payments)
- Join the library (we encourage you to join online before your visit to speed up the process)
- Make online reservations for up to 6 items (see additional information below)
- Use the photocopier (all except Newport Pagnell Library)
Staff will be available to help with any queries, but please remember to maintain social distancing.
There are no activities currently being held at any of the open libraries - including Storytimes, Children's Hours or clubs.
You can reserve up to 15 items online and you will be contacted when your reservation is ready for collection.
Please be aware that for your safety we are required to quarantine all returned items for 72 hours.
From 8 October 2020 the fees for making a reservation were reinstated and reservations made are now subject to the normal charge of £1 per item (children's and teen books are free to reserve).
If you have any queries about your reservation and/or collection, we'll be happy to help at the following libraries:
- Bletchley Library - 01908 372797
- Kingston Library - 01908 282720
- Newport Pagnell Library - 01908 610933
- Westcroft Library - 01908 990780
- Wolverton Library - 01908 312812
The following services are unavailable:
- Computers and WiFi
- Seating and study areas
- Printing, laminating, and fax services
- Magazines and newspapers
- The public toilets are closed
- SELMS reservations
When you visit the library, you will notice some changes to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- HAND SANITISER is available and should be used by everyone entering the library.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING should be observed throughout your stay.
- DIRECTIONAL SIGNS may indicate one-way routes.
- LIMITED VISITOR NUMBERS will be operating, and you may be asked to wait outside.
- FACE COVERINGS must be worn while in the library (Please respect hidden disabilities. Not everyone can wear a mask.)
- NHS TEST AND TRACE contact details will be recorded.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) – face masks/gloves may be used by staff and screens/markings have been installed around the buildings.
We have worked hard to ensure the safety of both visitors and staff in all the libraries. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to follow the recommended guidelines.
Returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being processed on the system, removed from your account, and returned to the shelves.
As Covid restrictions continue to lift, we will constantly review the situation and consider re-opening other library buildings when they can open and operate safely.
The Libraries Xtra service at Kingston Library and Westcroft Library remains closed at this time.
We are happy to receive donations of any books that were published in 2020 and are in good condition. This is a great opportunity to share your love of reading. Drop your donations at any of the open libraries. Thank you!
Each week we publish our Top Ten Wishlist of popular titles, so when you have finished that bestseller why not consider donating it to the library for others to share?
The NHS Test and Trace service is a key part of the country’s ongoing COVID-19 response and is run by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). It includes dedicated contact tracing staff working at national level under the supervision of Public Health England and local public health experts.
As part of NHS Test and Trace we will collect contact information from visitors as they enter the library. We will ask for your name and phone number and record the date of your visit and arrival/ departure times. If you visit with a group of people, we will ask for details of the lead member and record all names.
This information will be handled securely in accordance with GDPR to protect your privacy and only shared with DHSC upon request. It will be kept for 21 days and then deleted.
Participation in this scheme is voluntary and this action may help fight the virus.
There are NHS QR codes at all open libraries for use with the NHS Test and Trace app.
Last Updated: 24 October 2020