Tracing a Missing Person
- Tracking Services
- Websites with Searchable Databases
- Message Posting Services
- Electoral Register
- Local Newspapers can also be Accessed Online
- Salvation Army Family Tracing Service - Tel: 0207 367 4500
- Missing People (formerly called the National Missing Persons Helpline) has the most comprehensive and probably the largest database of missing persons in the UK.
- Red Cross International Tracing and Messaging Service - Tel: 020 7235 5454
- British Red Cross
- Message Home Helpline - 24-hour helpline for people who have left home or run away; enables callers to send messages to their families or carers. Tel: 0800 700 700
- Try searching BT's Directory Services Online Service
- The 192.com website is an International site which surveys phone directories and UK electoral registers. After an initial search, you will need to register and pay for credits to access detailed information. There are also links to free business and geographical information, plus a searchable database for property prices.
- Cyndi's List links to other useful sites.
- Look Up UK is an amalgam of various directories, email, etc, which have to be searched separately. Some of these sites are fee paying.
My Old Mate is a site dedicated to helping people track down lost friends. Various personal security measures are in place.
Electoral Registers for Milton Keynes - these are useful if you already know an address and want to check if someone is still living there. The Reference Library has copies of the current open (edited) register.
- Milton Keynes Citizen - it is often worth putting an advert in the personal column of a local newspaper.
Other local newspapers can be accessed either by region or by an A to Z listing by title:
Please note: Milton Keynes Libraries cannot be responsible for the content of other organisations’ websites.
Last Updated: 4 November 2019