MK People Awards Terms and Conditions
1. MK People is open to nominations from any person aged 18 or over.
2. Nominees must meet the following criteria:
i) be a resident of the Borough of Milton Keynes for at least the period 6 April 2017 – 31 October 2017.
ii) must carry out regular, voluntary work for the benefit of the people of Milton Keynes or have shown exceptional achievement or behaviour in one of the categories named below.
iii) must be willing to appear on radio, TV or online for the partner broadcasters BBC, Heart 4 Counties and MKFM
3. Employees of the BBC, Heart 4 Counties, MK FM or Milton Keynes Council and/or their subsidiaries are not permitted to enter.
4. Milton Keynes Council reserves the rights to refuse any nomination for MK People at its sole discretion and is not required to give any reason for such refusal and shall have no liability for any loss arising from such refusal.
5. To nominate someone for the MK People Awards, nominators need to fill in a form hosted on the Milton Keynes Council web site www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/MKPeople or in person at Milton Keynes Council civic office main reception. Nominators must explain in 250 words or less, why they feel the nominee deserves to win the award in one of the following categories: Youth, Sport, Health, Charity, Diversity and Equality, Community.
6. Links to this form are also available on BBC 3CR online pages, Heart Four Counties web site and MKFM social media and web site.
7. Nominations open on Thurs 14 September 2017 and close at 23:59 on Thurs 12 October 2017.
8. All nominations must be received by 23.59 on Thurs 12 October 2017. Nominations received after the closing date will not be considered. Milton Keynes Council reserves the right to extend the closing date as it may deem necessary.
9. Only one nomination per person will be accepted. The first valid submission will be accepted. Any subsequent submissions will be disqualified.
10. You will receive a notification at the end of your online form to acknowledge receipt of your nomination. This notification will appear after you submit your application. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, extended feedback will not be possible for each applicant.
11. All eligible applications will be assessed by a panel of judges made up of representatives of Milton Keynes Council, BBC 3CR, Heart 4 Counties, MKFM and winning nominees will be notified during the week commencing Monday 23 October.
13. The awards will take place at MK Borough Council offices on the evening of Monday 13 November 2017. Winners in each category will be invited to attend to collect their prize.
14. An overall winner will be announced on the night, chosen from one of the winning nominees in each category.
15. Winners may be asked to give an interview for radio, TV and online to the media partners.
16. Winners in each category will receive a trophy to keep. The overall winner will also receive a further prize.
17. Names of winners in each category will be engraved on a plaque on the wall in the civic offices of Milton Keynes Council.
18. The media partners reserve the right to use the audio/visual material obtained on the night in any of its output, whether published online, broadcast of television or radio.
19. Milton Keynes Council reserves the right to reject any entry which is illegible, arrives after the closing date, is submitted by an ineligible applicant or for any other reason at its sole discretion.
20. All winners agree to undertake all reasonable press and publicity as may be required by the media partners including, without limitation, radio and video interviews.
21. All information asked for by the council will be collected and compiled by the council for the sole purpose of administering the MK People Awards. The council will not transfer your details to any third party without contacting you first.
22. The decisions of the judges are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
23. Milton Keynes Council reserves the right to alter and/or cancel the MK People Awards at its sole discretion and shall have no liability for any loss arising.
Last Updated: 30 November 2017