Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan - Previous Stages
Lavendon Parish Council submitted the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan to Milton Keynes Council in June, 2019.
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, 2012, Milton Keynes Council publicised the submitted Neighbourhood Plan and its accompanying documents for six weeks from Monday 24 June to 5pm on Monday 5 August 2019.
The Publicity Statement (PDF, 179KB) provides more information about the plan and the consultation arrangements.
The Submitted Neighbourhood Plan and its accompanying documents can be found as follows:
Following the publicity period, an independent examiner was appointed to consider the neighbourhood plan and any comments received during the consultation. The examiner decides if the plan and its policies meet the basic conditions that all neighbourhood plans must comply with and whether the plan should proceed to a local referendum.
All comments on the submitted Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan had to be received before 5pm on Monday 5 August 2019.
All comments that were received are made publicly available and may be included on our website.
A paper copy of the submitted Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan and its accompanying documents was also available to inspect at the following locations:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL
- Olney Library, High Street, Olney, MK46 4EF
- Mobile Library, please see the Library website for the timetable - https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries/library-community/mobile-library-service
- In Lavendon, the Parish Council Office at The Pavilion (contact Jane Brushwood, Parish Clerk, for opening hours https://lavendonpc.org/contact-us/)
In August 2017, Lavendon Parish Council applied to Milton Keynes Council, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, to designate a Neighbourhood Plan Area for the Parish of Lavendon.
Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) and Development Management Procedure (Amendment) Regulations 2016, there is no longer a requirement to publicise area designation applications if the area specified in the application encompasses the entire Parish area. In such cases, the Regulations state that designations must be made as soon as possible, once the Authority is satisfied that the application is valid and complete. This was the case with the Lavendon Parish Council application.
Following a Neighbourhood Planning Officer decision on 10 October 2017, the area put forward by Lavendon Parish Council in its Neighbourhood Plan Area Application has now been approved as a Neighbourhood Plan Area.
To comply with regulation 7 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Milton Keynes Council is publicising the following details:
- The name of the Neighbourhood Area: Lavendon Neighbourhood Area
- The name of the relevant body who applied for designation: Lavendon Parish Council
- A map of the designated area can be viewed at: Map of Lavendon Neighbourhood Area (PDF, 8.9MB)
- The relevant Neighbourhood Planning Officer decision report and decision can be viewed at: Neighbourhood Area Designation Decision (PDF, 278KB)
Last Updated: 14 August 2019