Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan
Current Position, November 2019
Referendum Information, 23 January 2020
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday, 23 January 2020
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
'Do you want Milton Keynes Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Lavendon to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
The Referendum area is identified on the map within the Information Statement which is available below. This is the same as the designated Neighbourhood Plan area for Lavendon.
A person is entitled to vote in the Residential Referendum if, on 23 January 2020:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply to this Referendum is £2,422.35.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of "specified documents" have to be published for the Referendum. These provide information about the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan and the planning system in general.
The specified documents can be viewed here:
- A copy of the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 5.1MB)
- A statement (PDF, 648KB) providing specific information about the Referendum including a map of the Neighbourhood Plan area.
- A statement (PDF, 146KB) that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (information for voters).
- The report (PDF, 411KB) of the Independent Examiner on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- A summary of the Regulation 16 responses (PDF, 142KB) to the submitted Neighbourhood Plan.
- A statement (PDF, 98KB)by Milton Keynes Council that the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and complies with the relevant legislation.
A copy of the specified documents may be inspected at:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL.
- Olney Library, High Street, Olney, MK46 4EF.
- Mobile Library - see details of routes and timetables at:https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries/library-community/mobile-library-service
- In Lavendon, the Parish Council Office at The Pavilion (contact Jane Brushwood, Parish Clerk, for opening hours https://lavendonpc.org/contact-us/)
If you have any questions, you can:
• Call us on: 01908 691691 between Monday to Friday (10:00 – 17:15)
• E-mail us at, email@example.com or
• Go to the Planning Policy pages of the website: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning
Decision statement following receipt of Examiner's report
Following the receipt of the Examiner's report on the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has considered and accepted all of the Examiner's recommendations. The Neighbourhood Plan will now proceed to a referendum on Thursday 23 January 2020.
Following the publicity period on the submitted Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has appointed Rosemary Kidd to conduct an examination of the Neighbourhood Plan. The examiner’s main role is to ensure that the neighbourhood plan meets the basic conditions and is able to proceed to referendum.
Should the examiner consider that a hearing is required as part of the examination then further information and arrangements for that will appear on this web page.
The examiner has prepared a Procedural Note which sets out the programme for the examination. Examiners Procedural Note (PDF, 96KB)
The examiner has raised a number of questions on the Plan which can be seen here (PDF, 169KB).
Milton Keynes Council’s response to the examiner’s questions can be seen here (PDF, 172KB).
Lavendon Parish Council’s response to the examiner’s questions can be seen here (PDF, 207KB).
Comments received during publicity period
Submitted Neighbourhood Plan documents:
Information can be found on the website relating to previous stages of the Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan at: Lavendon Neighbourhood Plan - Previous Stages.
Last Updated: 29 November 2019