Woughton Community Council Neighbourhood Plan
Update for Woughton Neighbourhood Plan webpage - November 2017
Following the successful referendum held on 19 October 2017, the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan was made part of the Development Plan by Milton Keynes Council on 22 November 2017.
- The Full Council report relating to this is available to view here.
- Decision Statement Woughton Neighbourhood Plan is available to view here. (PDF, 45KB)
The made Woughton Neighbourhood Plan and the accompanying Policies Map are available here:
Updated Woughton Neighbourhood Plan for Cabinet 7 November and Full Council 22 November 2017
- A final version of the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan can be found here. (PDF, 5.9MB)
- The final version of the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan Policies map can be found here (PDF, 4.7MB)
Revised examiners report
- A revised version of the examiners report on the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan can be found here (PDF, 223KB) and it includes consideration of the Canal and River Trust representation:
At the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan referendum that took place on 19 October 988 of the votes cast were in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan being made part of the Development Plan for Milton Keynes and 147 against. The turnout was 13.44%.
A report will go to Cabinet on 7 November and then Full Council on 22 November 2017 recommending that Milton Keynes Council makes the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan part of the Development Plan for Milton Keynes and use it when considering planning proposals within the Woughton parish area.
October 2017 – Addendum
It has recently been brought to the attention of Milton Keynes Council that, due to an administrative error, a representation from the Canal and River Trust to the submitted Woughton Neighbourhood Plan had not been forwarded to the Neighbourhood Plan Examiner.
Section 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 sets out the duty on the local planning authority for publicising the plan and at S16 (v) the date by which representations must be received, 6 weeks from the date of publication of the plan proposal.
Given that the representation from the Canal and River Trust was received within the 6 week period, it was received in compliance with the Regulations. Section 17 refers to documents being forwarded to the examiner as soon as possible. Consequently the representation was forwarded to the examiner at the earliest opportunity following the discovery of this error.
The examiner, Mr Andrew Ashcroft, has considered the representation and has recommended a number of changes to the supporting text of the Neighbourhood Plan. These are set out in the addendum note (PDF, 49KB).
These additional changes affect the supporting text rather than the policies, and are not considered to be material to the Neighbourhood Plan, but, rather, are being made to improve its clarity.
- Addendum Note (PDF, 49KB)
- Woughton Neighbourhood Plan - Canal Trust Note WNP6 (PDF, 28KB)
- Woughton Neighbourhood Plan - Canal Trust Note WNP18 (PDF, 30KB)
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 19 October 2017.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
“'Do you want Milton Keynes Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Woughton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
The Referendum area is identified on the map within the Information Statement which is available below. This is the same as the designated Neighbourhood Plan area for Woughton.
A person is entitled to vote in the Residential Referendum if, on 19 October 2017:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply to this Referendum is £2,846.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of "specified documents" have to be published for the Referendum. These provide information about the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan and the planning system in general.
The specified documents can be viewed here:
- A copy of the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 5.9MB), updated to include the modifications agreed by the Council following the examination.
- The report of the independent Examiner on the plan Woughton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 224KB)
- A summary of the responses to the submitted Plan (PDF, 113KB)
- A statement by Milton Keynes Council that the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and complies with the relevant legislation: Woughton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 71KB)
- An Information Statement (PDF, 1.1MB) about the referendum, including a map of the Neighbourhood Plan Area
- A statement that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (information for voters) (PDF, 122KB).
A copy of the specified documents may also be viewed in person at the following deposit points:
- Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, 1, Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes. Open Monday to Friday between the hours 8.45am - 4.45pm. Please ask for the Planning Enquiries team.
- Milton Keynes Central Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes MK9 3HL.
Open Monday to Wednesday and Friday 9am-6pm, Thursday 9am-8pm, Saturday 9am -5pm, Sunday 11am-2pm.
- Woughton Community Council Offices, The Local Centre, Garraways, Coffee Hall, Milton Keynes, MK6 5EG. Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, Fridays 9am-4pm.
Decision statement following receipt of Examiner's report
Following the receipt of the Examiner's report on the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has decided that the plan, as modified, should proceed to a referendum on 19 October 2017. Further information about the referendum will follow shortly. The Examiner's report and the Council's Decision Statement, including the modifications to be made to the Plan, can be viewed by following the links below:
Woughton Community Council submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to Milton Keynes Council following a round of public consultation on a draft version.
Milton Keynes Council publicised the Plan for six weeks from Monday 27 February to Monday 10 April 2017 to allow time for people to read it and submit comments. That consultation period has now finished and the representations (comments) can be viewed here:
The submission documents provided by Woughton Town Council are as follows:
- Submission version of the Woughton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 1.1MB)
- The Consultation Statement (DOCX, 577KB)
- The Basic Conditions Statement (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Woughton Neighbourhood Area Map (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Neighbourhood Plan Policy Map (PDF, 4.7MB)
The Town Council has also published a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) screening statement in support of their Neighbourhood Plan. The Council is inviting representations from statutory consultees, interested parties and any persons who are affected, or likely to be affected by, or have an interest in the Report and neighbourhood plan to submit representations by the 10 April 2017.
To view the SEA statement click on the link below:
Timeline of the Woughton Community Council Neighbourhood Plan
Woughton Neighbourhood Plan submitted to Milton Keynes Council.
A six-week public consultation ran between Monday 27 February to Monday 10 April 2017 to gather feedback and comments on the plan.
Following a Delegated Decision on the 13 January 2015, the area put forward by Woughton Community Council in their Neighbourhood Plan Area Application has now been approved as a Neighbourhood Plan Area.
To comply with Regulation 7 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Milton Keynes Council is publicising the following details:
- The name of the Neighbourhood Area: Woughton Neighbourhood Area.
- The name of the relevant body who applied for the designation: Woughton Community Council
- A map of the designated area can be viewed at: Woughton designated Neighbourhood Plan Area (PDF, 1.2MB)
- The relevant Delegated Decision Report and decision note can be viewed at: Delegated Decision 13 January 2012
Update October 2014
Woughton Community Council has applied to Milton Keynes Council, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012, to designate a Neighbourhood Plan Area for the Parish of Woughton. The Woughton Neighbourhood Plan is being led by Woughton Community Council.
In accordance with Regulation 6 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 Milton Keynes Council is consulting residents and other interested stakeholders on this application. A copy of the consultation statement can be viewed below:
Consultation will run between Wednesday 5 November 2014 and Wednesday 17 December 2014. You can comment by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us your response in writing to the following address:
Milton Keynes Council
Planning, Economy and Development
1 Saxon Gate East
Central Milton Keynes
Please make any representations to the Council by 5pm on Wednesday 17 December 2014.
The application, a map of the proposed area and a statement explaining why and how Woughton Community Council intends to prepare a Neighbourhood Plan, and how the organisation and area meet the conditions of Section 61G(2) and 61F(5) of the Town And Country Planning Act, 1990 can be viewed at:
- Woughton Community Council Proposed Neighbourhood Area Application (PDF, 54KB)
- Woughton Proposed Neighbourhood Area Map (PDF, 1.2MB)
Please remember this is not a consultation on the Neighbourhood Plan, merely an opportunity to comment on the proposed neighbourhood plan area.
Last Updated: 27 July 2021