Pre-Application Advice Service
Concerned about your planning application before submitting? We can screen your application before it’s sent, indicating the likely outcome and highlighting and advising on any potential issues.
Benefits of Pre-Application Screening
Submitting a formal planning application can be complicated, expensive and time-consuming, especially if it’s rejected.
Pre-screening advice allows you to ‘test the water’, helping you to:
- Avoid delays caused by invalid applications and subsequent amendments
- Save the cost of pursuing unacceptable applications
- Reduce the time (and fees) of your professional advisors
- Understand the relevant policies that apply your development
- Identify the need for specialist input, early one (e.g. listed buildings, trees, noise etc.)
- Prepare proposals for formal submission, including supporting documentation
- Work collaboratively with the Planning Department to overcome any problems
How to Receive Pre-Application Screening
Simply complete this form and one of our planning officers will be in touch.
Large Scale, Complex and Major Developments
These developments naturally require significant council input at an early stage. We encourage the use of our Planning Performance Agreements, which enable a bespoke pre-application screening, followed by an end-to-end project managed service.
Milton Keynes Council Development Review Forum
Click here to find out about the Milton Keynes Council Development Review Forum
If you’d like to understand more about our pre-planning application service, you can view our guidance notes here.
Last Updated: 29 March 2019