Milton Keynes Council Development Review Forum
The following developments will be discussed:
- The redevelopment of the Santander facility at Shenley Wood to provide around 300 dwellings
- The redevelopment of the Ex-Travis Perkins builders yard site on Simpson Road, Bletchley to 102 flats of 1,2 & 3 bedrooms, including parking provisions and landscaping
Please contact Neil Sainsbury, Head of Placemaking firstname.lastname@example.org by the 29 October if you are interested in attending.
Who Can Attend?
The forum is a public meeting and anyone can attend.
Overall Aims of Forum
- Streamline the planning application process by addressing stakeholder comments on design at the pre-application stage.
- Improve quality of design elements within schemes.
- Raise profile of design.
- Allow for greater input by local stakeholders on design issues with aim of reducing local objections.
- An opportunity for developers to present their scheme at pre-application to stakeholders and make any changes in light of comments received.
What is in Scope
- Focus is on design (layout and building/s appearance but can include landscaping and highway related matters, eg parking).
- A report of what was said at the Forum will form part of case officer's application report.
What is out of Scope?
- Discussion on principle of development or development's impact on surrounding area, eg road network.
Timing / Sequencing of Forum in the Planning Application Process
- Application should ideally come to the Forum after initial review of scheme by officers as part of the pre-application process.
- The Forum is voluntary although MK Council initiated schemes will be submitted to the Forum.
- The Forum will take place every 2 months on Monday at MK Council Civic Offices from 6pm -7.30pm.
- Meetings will be informal.
- A maximum of 2 applications will be presented and discussed at each Forum. The format for each application will be as follows:
- Presentation by the applicant/agent – 15 minutes
- Questions and views from stakeholders present – 15 minutes
- Response by applicant to questions/comments – 15 minutes
Forum meetings are held in Room 1.05/06 in the MKC Civic Offices:
- 4 March 2020
- 2 November 2020
- 5 July 2021 (MS Teams)
- The Forum will form part of the pre-application process. The Forum is not open for applicants who do not enter into a pre-application or planning performance agreement with the Local Planning Authority.
- The Forum will be chaired by someone from the Urban Design Team supported by the relevant case officers.
Terms of Reference
Past Meeting Notes
- March 2019 (DOCX, 89KB)
- May 2019 (DOCX, 20KB)
- July 2019 (DOCX, 25KB)
- Sept 2019 (DOCX, 26KB)
- November 2019 (DOCX, 27KB)
- March 2020 (DOCX, 27KB)
- May 2020 (DOCX, 29KB)
- July 2020 (DOCX, 29KB)
Last Updated: 13 October 2021