Milton Keynes Council Development Review Forum
The next Development Review Forum is scheduled for the 2nd of November (1800-1930 via MS Teams). The following developments will be discussed.
- Bletchley View, Albert Street Bletchley. The scheme has planning consent but the applicant is to submit a s.73 application (Minor Material Amendment) which will include some small alterations to the elevations. The presentation will give a brief overview of the changes.
- ‘Erection of building on existing car park of between 4 and 9 storeys to provide up to 91 residential flats (Class C3), together with under croft car parking, podium courtyard and associated works’ at Capital Drive, Linford Wood.
Who Can Attend
The forum is a public meeting and anyone can attend
Overall Aims of Forum
- Streamline the planning application process by addressing stakeholder comments on design at the pre-application stage
- Improve quality of design elements within schemes
- Raise profile of design
- Allow for greater input by local stakeholders on design issues with aim of reducing local objections
- An opportunity for developers to present their scheme at pre-application to stakeholders and make any changes in light of comments received
What is in Scope
- Focus is on design (layout and building/s appearance but can include landscaping and highway related matters eg parking)
- A report of what was said at Forum will form part of case officers application report
What is out of scope
- Discussion on principle of development or developments impact on surrounding area eg road network
Timing / Sequencing of Forum in the Planning Application Process
- Application should ideally come to the Forum after initial review of scheme by officers as part of the pre-application process.
- The Forum is voluntary although MKC initiated schemes will be submitted to the Forum
- The Forum will take place every 2 months on Monday at MKC Civic Offices from 6pm -7.30pm
- Meetings will be informal
- A maximum of 2 applications will be presented and discussed at each Forum. The format for each application will be as follows:
- Presentation by the applicant/agent – 15 minutes
- Questions and views from stakeholders present – 15 minutes
- Response by applicant to questions/comments – 15 minutes
Please find below the following dates for upcoming forum meetings, which shall be held in Room 1.05/06 in the MKC Civic Offices:
- 4th March 2020
- 2nd November 2020
- The Forum will form part of the pre-application process. The Forum is not open for applicants who do not enter into a pre-application or planning performance agreement with the Local Planning Authority.
- The Forum will be chaired by someone from the Urban Design Team supported by the relevant case officers
Terms of Reference
Past Meeting Notes
Last Updated: 26 October 2020