Milton Keynes Council Development Review Forum
The following developments will be discussed:
The conversion and upward extension of Westminster House (corner Avebury Boulevard and Saxon Gate, CMK) to provide to total of 237 apartments. This follows on from the prior approval for the conversion of the building to deliver 133 apartments, approved earlier this year.
Please contact Neil Sainsbury, Head of Placemaking email@example.com by the 30 September if you are interested in attending.
Who Can Attend?
The forum is a public meeting and anyone can attend.
Overall Aims of Forum
- Streamline the planning application process by addressing stakeholder comments on design at the pre-application stage.
- Improve quality of design elements within schemes.
- Raise profile of design.
- Allow for greater input by local stakeholders on design issues with aim of reducing local objections.
- An opportunity for developers to present their scheme at pre-application to stakeholders and make any changes in light of comments received.
What is in Scope
- Focus is on design (layout and building/s appearance but can include landscaping and highway related matters, eg parking).
- A report of what was said at the Forum will form part of case officer's application report.
What is out of Scope?
- Discussion on principle of development or development's impact on surrounding area, eg road network.
Timing / Sequencing of Forum in the Planning Application Process
- Application should ideally come to the Forum after initial review of scheme by officers as part of the pre-application process.
- The Forum is voluntary although MK Council initiated schemes will be submitted to the Forum.
- The Forum will take place every 2 months on Monday at MK Council Civic Offices from 6pm -7.30pm.
- Meetings will be informal.
- A maximum of 2 applications will be presented and discussed at each Forum. The format for each application will be as follows:
- Presentation by the applicant/agent – 15 minutes
- Questions and views from stakeholders present – 15 minutes
- Response by applicant to questions/comments – 15 minutes
Forum meetings are held in Room 1.05/06 in the MKC Civic Offices:
- 4 March 2020
- 2 November 2020
- 5 July 2021 (MS Teams)
- The Forum will form part of the pre-application process. The Forum is not open for applicants who do not enter into a pre-application or planning performance agreement with the Local Planning Authority.
- The Forum will be chaired by someone from the Urban Design Team supported by the relevant case officers.
Terms of Reference
Past Meeting Notes
- March 2019 (DOCX, 89KB)
- May 2019 (DOCX, 20KB)
- July 2019 (DOCX, 25KB)
- Sept 2019 (DOCX, 26KB)
- November 2019 (DOCX, 27KB)
- March 2020 (DOCX, 27KB)
- May 2020 (DOCX, 29KB)
- July 2020 (DOCX, 29KB)
Last Updated: 24 September 2021