MK Council commits to ‘next generation’ digital services
Monday 2 July 2018
Milton Keynes Council, which was named Digital Council of the Year in this year’s LGC awards for local government excellence, has joined other authorities around the UK in signing the Government’s Local Digital Declaration.
Today, more than 60% of people access MKC’s services online, the majority via mobile or tablet. The declaration, set up by the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government, shows MKC’s commitment to extend and improve its online council services further.
Councillor Mick Legg - Cabinet Member for Customer Services explained:
“Thousands of people visit our website every week to find help, make a payment or report a local issue. We’ll keep working to make it easier for everyone, based on lessons learnt in the real world from local citizens about what works best and what could be improved.
“While it’s great to be recognised as a national leader in digital services, we’re certainly not resting on our laurels.”
Key points from the declaration include:
- Designing services that best meet the needs of citizens.
- Challenging the technology market to offer the flexible tools and services needed.
- Protecting citizens’ privacy and security.
- Delivering better value for money.
- Creating a culture that recognises and expects innovation from the workforce.
- Working collaboratively with other organisations.