Campaign issues 2021
As we have extended our YCAB 2019-21 term for another year (due to Covid), we going to change the issues we are campaigning on. Our new issues have been taken from the UK Youth Parliament’s national Make Your Mark Vote in November 2020. In Milton Keynes we had over 7,000 young people determine what issues we would be working on. Because of this, YCAB will work on the top 2 local issues voted by MK’s Young People which were
- Domestic Abuse (with 1,326 votes)
- Homelessness (with 1,290 votes)
If you are interested in knowing… The 3rd was Improve places to go and things to do for young people with 373 votes. There were 5 other issues on the ballot paper.
YCAB will also support the UK Youth Parliament with the National Campaigns and will work on these locally. Out of the 8 issues on the ballot paper, the UK top 3 national issues were
- Free University (with 45,246 votes)
- Support our Mental Health (with 37,696 votes)
- Stop Plastic Pollution (with 18,515 votes)
If you would like to know more about the results from Make Your Mark 2020 you can download the report here (PDF, 1.1MB).
- we are going to be holding a budget consultation to find out what young people think about what the council is planning to spend in 2020/21. Watch out for this in early January!
- the new UKYP campaign “Protect the Environment” is going to be launched on the 24th January 2020
- child exploitation was one of the YCAB issues in the last ballot, we have been looking at the international implications of this, in relation to child marriage. We have been working with the charity World Vision to challenge the worldwide issue of child marriage. Their report, which we have influenced is coming out soon. Check out their website for more information about what they do
- we are going to be taking part in the Milton Keynes council consultation on biodiversity in February
Last Updated: 3 September 2021