Youth:MK Support Hub
If you have any questions or would like an information, advice and guidance appointment please fill out the contact form.
Summer of Play 2021 #HAF
A massive range of FREE activities are taking place throughout August for local children and young people (aged 0-18)! From football to film making, horse riding, African Drums and laser tag, we hope there is something for everyone.
Across Milton Keynes, we have more than 27,000 individual play sessions planned for August. To book your activities, simply browse our programme and contact your chosen providers direct.
Getting to know you with useful activities to develop your confidence, including discovering your strengths and producing an action plan.
- I Could Buzz test
- 16 Personalities
- Transferable Skills sheet (PDF, 167KB)
- Cascaid – Please contact us for a login.
- Action Plan (PDF, 200KB)
- My Plan of Action (PDF, 195KB)
- Job preparation checklist
Employability Skills - tools to help you be job ready.
Applying for jobs
- CV Writing Tips (PDF, 534KB)
- Writing a cover letter (PDF, 162KB)
- Interview skills (PDF, 373KB)
- Filling in application forms (PDF, 184KB)
- Awareness test
Free online training
Thinking about your future not sure what to do next?
Please see some options below.
Starting your own business
Adult Education courses at Community Learning MK
- Milton Keynes Council - Apprentice positions, plus many more
- Milton Keynes NHS - Not just medical roles some examples of other roles are Admin, Catering and Maintenance
- Centre MK roles
- Find a job - gov.uk
- 124 Retail jobs in MK @ Retail Choice
- WHSmith, Sales Assistant
- Aldi, Stock Assistant
- Engage Education, Admin Assistant
- Tesco, Personal Shopper
- Screwfix, Retail Assistant
- Co op, Customer Team Member
- Harvester, Waiting staff
We are a friendly team of Youth workers and Advisers who are here to support you when you are making choices about your next steps.
If you are looking for advice to help with planning and progressing your future then please contact us. We offer a range of services under our Career Sparks project aimed at helping find the right pathway for you.
We have a range of support to meet your needs.
We can help with:
- Careers Advice
- Applications and CVs
- Local employment opportunities
- Re-engagement courses
- Work Experience
- Life-skills workshops
- Talking through problems/ counselling
- Confidence Building
We offer a confidential service and are happy to contact you in the way that suits you best. This could be face to face (in a safe way) or via text or through social media. We will be led by you - just let us know how we can help.
Health and wellbeing, it's important to look after your mental and physical health.
Drugs and their effects
Please see some useful links below.
Mindfulness and Mental Health
- Teen Mental Health
- 13 Minute Body Scan Meditation
- 7 Ways to detox your emotional wellbeing
- 7 Signs of emotional burnout
- 10 Characteristics of a mentally healthy person
- What are the benefits of yoga?
Last Updated: 22 July 2021