Youth, Advice and Guidance
Youth Advice and Guidance is a free and confidential service for young people in Milton Keynes aged 16-19 (Up to 25 with learning difficulties or disabilities) who are not in employment, education or training. Our skilled and experienced Personal Advisers are here to help you make decisions and take action. Through our Community based work, we offer:
- A drop in service - no booking needed.
- Professional advice on job search - where to look, how to apply and practical support with applications.
- Information and advice on applying for apprenticeships.
- Use of our IT facilities for independent job search including free internet access.
- A matching service for jobs.
We can also support you with advice on other issues that might be holding you back from your plans – housing, money management, health, relationships – and depending on the level of support you need, a Personal Adviser could refer you to a specialist agency.
Email the Youth Faculty or call us on 01908 254410 more more information about any of our projects.
Latest jobs opportunities for young people:
- Current Opportunities (PDF, 149KB)
- Full Time Vacancies (PDF, 261KB)
- Part Time Vacancies (PDF, 238KB)
Education & Training
We offer education and support to anyone 16 and over, particularly those who are not in employment, education or training already. Whether you want to build your confidence or learn a new skill. Download our Youth Programme (PDF, 173KB) for more information or contact the team by email or on 01908 556714. If you are over 19 you can also join our main CLMK brochure courses, the full list of these is on our course finder.
Specialise in re-engagement courses for 16-25 year olds with special educational needs, to give them the skills to get back into work, education or training.
Our Youth Workers work across Milton Keynes developing and facilitating the delivery of youth work and positive activities to specific groups of young people who require specialist support to move forward. Some of the activities we offer are:
- Arts Award
- Asylum Seekers
- CIC Youth Club
- CIC +
- College drop ins
- Cookery/Sport/Babysitting Programmes
- Detached working
- Holiday programmes
- SEND groups
- SMILE YMK programme – delivered in schools and in the community.
- Tailored individual support
Ways for young people to get involved and have their voices heard:
All in 1 Bus card
The All in 1 MK card is available to ALL under 19s permanently resident in Milton Keynes, even those no longer in full or part time education. Contact the team on 01908 252558 for more information or visit the All-in-1 webpage.