Ethnic Minority Achievement Privacy Notice (Milton Keynes Council)
The EMA Network is committed to protecting your personal information. Therefore, when you contact us you can be confident about how your personal information will be looked after and used.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect, use and protect your personal data. This document is to be read alongside the Corporate Privacy Notice for MKC. For further details of this, please visit www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/privacy.
The EMA Network promises to respect any personal data you share with us and to keep it safe. We aim to comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2018), and the MKC Privacy Notice mentioned above to be clear why we collect your data, and not to do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- About The EMA Network
- What information we collect and why
- How we collect, use and keep your information safe
- Who we share your information with
- Your rights
- How to contact us
1. About The EMA Network
The EMA Network is part of Settings and Schools Effectiveness within the People Directorate of Milton Keynes Council. We may request personal information to allow us to support all early years settings, mainstream, special and supplementary schools in various tasks.
2. What information we collect and why
The personal information we collect, and how we use it, will depend on your engagement with us, but it may include your name, faith, ethnicity and contact details, e.g. telephone, email and address. We may require your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If you are employed by EMA Network in any capacity.
- To support and update existing contact and email distribution lists so that we are able to share educational information with you and arrange to offer you professional support.
It also enables us to target support in educational settings, including home education, mainstream and supplementary schools which have a legitimate rationale for sharing this data.3. How we will collect, use and keep your information safe
3.1 How we will collect the information
We will collect information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Enquire about our activities
- Register to attend a EMA training event
- Receive a service from the EMA Network
- Engage with us via social media using our service’s Facebook and WhatsApp pages
- When you have given permission to other organisations to share your information
- When we deliver services as part of an agreed undertaking contract
3.2 How we will use that information
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with the service, advice or information you have asked for
- Keep a record of your working relationship with us; keep your information up-to-date and accurate
- Send you our regular EMA Network briefings and/or any information you have requested
- Process applications for employment or volunteering opportunites
- Understand how we can improve our services, products and information
- Undertake analysis and statistical reporting
- Analysis of data to help us target our resources better.
3.3 How we will keep your information safe
We ensure that there are appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal information both online and off-line.
Information that we hold on you will be stored securely and only be kept as long as is reasonable and necessary, for as long as you continue to engage with us and in line with any statutory obligations placed on the EMA Network.
In cases where we may need to transfer or process your personal information outside the European Union we will comply fully with our legal obligations.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that these other websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
4. Who we share your information with
- The EMA Network may be required to share information in specific cases where we are providing a direct service/contract; or where we are required by law, for example employment law
- Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf; (for example in registering your details for an accredited course that you wish to enroll for, only required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation
- The EMA Network will comply and co-operate with regulatory authorities when we are legally required to do so – in such cases personal information would be passed on in accordance with the data protection legislation
In circumstances other than those noted above, the EMA Network will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes.
5. Your rights
You have various rights around the data we hold about you. These are all listed in the Corporate Privacy Notice at www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/privacy
If you wish to take advantage of your rights, please contact the Corporate Data Protection Officer (details below)
If we are processing your information based on you giving us consent to do so, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Doing so may mean we are unable to provide the service you are hoping to receive and the implications of you giving or withdrawing your consent will be explained at the time.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of how your information has been collected and/or used, you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Officer. You can also report concerns to the national regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their details can be found on their websitehttps://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
6. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this document and the EMA Network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to make a complaint regarding how we use your personal data, please contact:
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
Tel. No: 01908 254767
Post: Data Protection, Milton Keynes Council, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HS
Last Updated: 16 January 2019