Music Faculty - Community Learning MK
Following the Government’s announcement regarding the Covid – 19 pandemic we have made a number of decisions regarding music centre activities. Our priority is the safety of students and staff in these difficult circumstances.
We have taken the following decisions:
Music Centre at Shenley Brook End, Rock School and weekday ensembles (Youth Orchestra, Wind Orchestra, Adult Wind Band & Midsummer Players) have been cancelled up to the end of term in light of Covid-19 advice from the government.
Sadly, many of our forthcoming events have also been cancelled and are detailed below:
- Tuesday 31 March – Music for Youth in Milton Keynes
- 1 and 2 April – End of Term concerts – Shenley Brook End School
- 6 April – Orchestral Jamboree – Bedford
- 3 May – Youth orchestra ‘Side by Side’ Concert
- 3-5 April - Grafham Water trip. This is very unlikely to go ahead and we are currently in discussion with the Centre. We will contact parents directly about this when we have definitive news.
The situation regarding students receiving instrumental lessons from MK Co-op teachers is more complicated. We would urge you to contact your instrumental teacher directly about arrangements. Please do not contact the Music Faculty about this as we won’t be able to help.
We appreciate your patience at this challenging and rapidly changing situation and will keep you informed of further developments.