This team supports the education and inclusion of children and young people with sensory (hearing, vision and multi-sensory impairments) and ICT needs from birth to 19.
The team consists of:
- experienced teachers who have a specialist qualification (Teacher of the Deaf , Qualified Teacher for Visual Impairment) in hearing impairment, visual impairment, multi-sensory impairment
- we also have our own Hearing Impairment Technician, Specialist Teacher for ICT, a Habilitation Officer and a specialist Braille teaching assistant.
The team offer:
- Parents information, advice and support for a child with sensory and ICT needs.
- Support children and young people Sensory / ICT needs to access their educational environment and the curriculum to fulfil their potential.
- Training and advice to schools and pre-school settings.
- Advice on use and management and specialist equipment that may be needed to access environment and learning.
- Monitor children and young people's progress and attainment.
- Support from a Habilitation Officer to support children and young people and their families with mobility training and daily living skills.
- Information and support when children transfer to adult teams.
We work closely with families of children and young people with sensory impairment and/or ICT needs, staff in schools and pre-school settings and other professionals, e.g. audiologists, speech therapists, children with disabilities team, optometrists and health visitors.
Contact can be made to: st Paul's School, Sensory-ICT Team, Phoenix Drive, Leadenhall MK6 5EN.
We deal with sensory impairment in the home, early years, school and post-16 age ranges.
There is no self-referral, but we accept referrals from professionals in health, schools and pre-school settings.
Contact: Uday Thakrar
Tel: 01908 669735 ext. 147
Address: Sensory Team, c/o St Paul's Catholic School, Phoenix Drive, Leadenhall, Milton Keynes MK6 5EN
Last Updated: 1 October 2018