We regularly review and update our resources, if you have any suggestions, please email us.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
School Meetings and Visits Factsheets
SEN Support – Graduated Approach Factsheets
Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) Factsheets
School Exclusions Factsheet
School Admission Appeals Factsheet
Resources for Young People
Training and Workshops
Easy Read Guides
Service policies and other related documents
All important information and guidance can be found in one place which is updated regularly by Milton Keynes School Improvement Service.
- Preparing for School Meetings (PDF, 108KB) - tips on organising and preparing for meetings
- Questions to Ask School (PDF, 112KB) - tips on what to ask
- Choosing a School (PDF, 138KB) - for children without or with EHCP
- Visiting Schools (PDF, 99KB) - can a school meet your child needs?
- SEN Support in Mainstream School (PDF, 117KB) - support schools must and should provide for children with SEN
- What if I do not agree with SEN provision (PDF, 157KB) - what you can do if you're unhappy with support provided for your child
- SEN funding in mainstream schools (PDF, 117KB) - includes academies and free schools
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) (PDF, 129KB) - the process and sections of an EHCP
- EHC Needs Assessment (PDF, 142KB) - the process of needs assessment
- Requesting an Education, Health & Care Needs Assessment (PDF, 116KB) - the parental request process
- Parental Contribution to the EHC Needs Assessment Request and Section A of the EHCP (PDF, 136KB) - tips on providing your parental views
- Analysing Draft EHCP (PDF, 172KB) - how to analyse, check contents and next steps
- Annual Review of EHC Plans (PDF, 121KB) - the process and what to expect
- Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) (PDF, 112KB) - how to prepare for Year 9 annual review and beyond
- Appealing to SEND Tribunal (PDF, 124KB) - types of appeal and process
- Exclusion from School (PDF, 118KB) - types and process of the school exclusion
- School Admissions Appeals (PDF, 107KB) - the process for a child or young person without an EHC Plan
See more Toolkits and Factsheets in the Young People section.
Service Flyer (PDF, 1.7MB) - Outlines support and remit of SENDIAS Service
Service Flyer - Young Person (PDF, 2.7MB) - Simplified version
SENDIAS training offer:
- SEN Support
- EHC Plan Process
- EHCP Annual Review
- Exclusion from School
All presentations can be delivered to groups via schools and family centres, for example, or recorded version accessed on line. Please see the News section for upcoming sessions and booking details.
To ensure our support is what you need, we are happy to discuss additional topics that would help you and your family. We will do our very best to ensure our service delivery is meeting the needs of families in Milton Keynes.
- Confidentiality Policy - MK SENDIAS Service (PDF, 60KB)
- Impartiality Policy - MK SENDIAS Service (PDF, 100KB)
- Privacy Notice
- Service Level Agreement (PDF, 98KB)
- IAS Service remit definition of ADVOCACY (PDF, 227KB)
- Annual Report 2019-20 - MK SENDIAS Service (PDF, 624KB)
- Advisory Group - Terms of Reference (PDF, 110KB)
- IAS service Minimum Standards
- The Children and Families Act 2014 is the key SEND legislation. Part 3 contains all the relevant sections about children and young people with SEN and disabilities.
- SEND Code of Practice 2015 provides much more detail on the legal framework relating to special educational needs and disabilities.
- Department for Education – SEND guide for parents and carers (plus updates) on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability.
- SEN and disability statute law, regulations and guidance
Last Updated: 19 May 2021