What we do?
Specialist Teaching Teams work in partnership with children and young people, their families, schools and other settings by:
- Promoting inclusive practice
- Developing the knowledge and skills of practitioners
- Increasing schools' and settings' capacity to teach pupils who have SEN and/ or disability
- Monitoring and supporting effective use of resources (e.g. advice on the role of Information Computer Technology (ICT)
- Providing support for children and young people recognised as having:
- Learning Difficulties, Specific Learning Difficulties
- Social and Emotional needs
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs, Social Communication/ Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Medical/ Physical difficulties
- Sensory (hearing, visual or multi-sensory) Impairments
If you think your child would benefit from the involvement of a Specialist Teaching Team, please speak to your child's school.
Last Updated: 16 November 2017