ASC Learning and Development - Training Frequently Asked Questions
- I have a large number of staff who need to attend a particular course would you be able to offer this on a bespoke basis for our service?
- There aren’t any places available/dates booked on the course I want to attend, what should I do?
- I’ve submitted an application form but how do I know my place is confirmed?
- Where do I find out what time and where the course is being held?
- I’ve not received my joining instructions, who should I contact?
- I have booked myself/my staff onto a training course but I/they cannot attend what should I do?
- I have booked myself/my staff onto a training course and it is less than 10 days away but I/they cannot attend what should I do?
A. MKC may be able to support the delivery of some of our training sessions at your premises.
We will make a charge of £400 for a full days training or £200 for a half day course.
We also require that you confirm you have a suitable room in which to run the session.
A. In the event there aren’t any places on the course you have requested we will offer you the next available date. Should the alternative date not be suitable or there are no further dates confirmed you will be placed onto the waiting list.
The number of places on a course waiting list will be reviewed before the course date and if course is not full at that time we will offer additional places to you.
Additional courses will be arranged as soon as sufficient applications have been received to make it economically viable.
A. By sending you an application form we are confirming that a place has been reserved. Once you have completed the application form provided and returned it to the Adult Social Care Training Mailbox the booking is completed. No further confirmation will be sent until joining instructions are issued.
A. The date, time and venue of the courses booked are confirmed in the joining instructions.
A. In the event that you have not received your joining instructions please contact the Adult Social Care Training team, we will then look into;
Whether you are booked onto the course
If we are outstanding an application form
If and when the joining instructions were sent out
Which email address they were sent to
Confirm the correct email address.
A. If a participant is unable to attend the course you must let us know as soon as possible by contacting the Adult Social Care Training mailbox. If someone else from your organisation is able to attend in their place this will usually be acceptable provided the course is appropriate to their role.
A. If the allocated place is unused and no notice of cancellation is received at least 10 working days prior to the event date, the following charge will be levied by Milton Keynes Council.
- Half day course = £40 per person
- Full day course = £ 75 per person
- Multiple day course = £75 per day
Non attendance will be reviewed on a quarterly basis and invoices issued retrospectively for that quarter.
Should you experience any difficulties please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last Updated: 18 July 2018