Milton Keynes Council Dementia Friendly Status
How will we achieve Dementia Friendly Council status?
We aim to achieve Dementia Friendly Council status in 2022, some of the goals we hope to reach when working towards Dementia Friendly status are:
- For MKC staff to have a basic understanding of dementia in order to better support people. All current MKC staff will complete the Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Friends awareness video to become Dementia Friends.
- To include our Dementia Friendly awareness video in our induction training for new employees.
- All staff who have direct contact with people with dementia will attend additional training provided by our Learning and Development Team.
- Working with local Parishes, libraries, leisure centres and small businesses to support them to become dementia friendly.
- Update the MKC web site on services to support people with dementia and their carers
- Show that people with dementia have been considered in any new or revised policies/plans
Further Information and Updates
We will provide regular updates on this page, if you have any other questions about Milton Keynes Council’s Dementia Friendly Project please contact email@example.com
Last Updated: 10 April 2021