Milton Keynes Dementia Services
Milton Keynes Council support people with dementia and their carers to maintain independence and quality of life. Our current plan is to continue to develop services which provide support to people with dementia in line with Government guidelines and best practice.
- Milton Keynes Specialist Memory Service Dementia is a condition which can cause memory loss and other symptom, if you are at all worried please visit your GP who may refer you to Milton Keynes Specialist Memory Service (CNWL) for further testing. If you receive a positive diagnosis you, and your family or carer will be invited to a post diagnostic information session and courses run by the Specialist Memory Service.
- Dementia Information Service (DIS) run by Alzheimer’s Society offers ongoing support and information. You will be asked if you would like DIS to contact you by the Specialist Memory Service or you can contact DIS yourself.
- Adult Social Care can offer information on choosing the right care and support for you and you may be eligible for services.
- Adult Social Care Admiral Nurse Service. Admiral Nurses are trained by Dementia UK and are a specialist service to provide support to families and carers in complex situations, they can be contacted via the Access team. More information about Admiral Nurses is on the Dementia UK website.
- Musical and activity groups including Singing for the Brain sessions organised by the Alzheimer’s Society contact on 01908 232612 for further information. During Covid they are also hosting virtual activity sessions including quizzes and zoom meetings to support carers.
Last Updated: 8 April 2021