Direct Payments Support Service (Connection Support)
Help and support with Direct Payments
If you are not sure if Direct Payments are the best option for you or you need help to manage your Direct Payment Connection Support is a local support service which can help you. The service can give you as much support as you need, it is independent of the Council and has a contract with the Council to:
- Support you to set up a Direct Payment and learn how to complete quarterly returns
- Provide a helpline for any Direct Payment issues or enquiries
- Hold clients Direct Payment monies and make all necessary payments on their behalf
- Provide a wide range of information, support and advice if you wish to, or are thinking about employing your own personal assistant
- Run a payroll service to calculate wages and tax payments for the people you employ
Milton Keynes Council recommends that you use Connection Support if you use your Direct Payment to employ Personal Assistants.
If you choose not to use this service, please inform the worker who is supporting you they will signpost you to information to give you some guidance on becoming a good employer, how to keep safe and how to use your Direct Payments.
Last Updated: 21 January 2020