Children's Health and Wellbeing
- Breastfeeding across Milton Keynes is supported by Public Health to increase the initiation and prevalence of breastfeeding. This includes the coordination of the Baby Friendly Initiative Strategy group which aims to support the implementation of the Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative
- HENRY is the Health Exercise Nutrition for the Really Young Programme and aims to establish and ingrain healthy living practices from the ages of 1 to 5 years. Contact your local Children's and Family centre for more information.
- Oral Health improvement - Oral health is important for general health and wellbeing. Poor oral health can affect someone’s ability to eat, speak, smile and socialise normally, for example, due to pain or social embarrassment. Oral Health Improvement Service Details
- Children and Young People’s Weight Management Service (Alive N Kicking) is a community weight management programme for children aged 5-16 and their families. The programme focuses on lifestyle and behaviour change to eat more healthily and be more physically active with behavioural support.
- Health Visiting Services – The Milton Keynes Health Visiting Service promotes the health and wellbeing of families with children under five. Health Visiting Services are coming under Public Health From October 2015. Please see the following links for service details: Service Details and further information For more information on Health Visiting Service CNWL NHS
- School Nursing Services – Milton Keynes School Nursing Team Service provides specialist nursing care, advice and support to school-age children and young people. Milton Keynes school or who are registered with a Milton Keynes GP.
- Pilots: Starting well evidence of good practice - examples are available on request. Please contact the Public Health Team for further information.
Healthy Young People's Network provides information and support for organisations that support young people’s Health and Wellbeing in Milton Keynes. This includes statutory and non-statutory services as well as independent and voluntary sector services.
Last Updated: 18 January 2019