Adult Mental Health Services
For people experiencing mild to moderate anxiety or depression psychological therapies are available through Talk for Change which is a free, confidential NHS service to which you can self refer or be referred by your GP. It provides ‘talking therapies’ for people in Milton Keynes. Their contact no is 01908 228830 (option 4).
There is also a Directory of Services in Milton Keynes which includes local support including those that can be helpful for people experiencing mental health difficulties:
Secondary Mental Health Services
For people who need specialist Mental Health Services, a GP referral is needed to the Assessment and Short Term Intervention (ASTI) Team.The ASTI service provides a single point of access into specialist mental health services for adults and adult social care. They will assess your needs and, if you are eligible, you may be referred to specialist support including:
- Assertive Outreach Team - works with people who are difficult to engage and need help with activities of daily living or social inclusion.
- Cherrywood Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit - provides short-term residential rehabilitation to help service users return to independent living.
- Queensway Service - provides treatment and support for people with complex needs within the local community.
- Early Intervention in Psychosis Team - provides treatment for people aged 14-35 experiencing their first episode of psychosis
- Home Treatment Team - aims to avoid admission to a mental health ward by providing intensive support to people in their homes.
- Hospital Liaison Team - offers integrated care for patients who have physical and mental health problems.
- Recovery and Rehabilitation Team - enables people with mental health needs to live safely in the community with the appropriate support.
- The Campbell Centre - This is an inpatient unit for people who require hospital admission when suffering from an acute mental illness.
- TOPAS: The Older Person’s Assessment Service - TOPAS is a unit for older people with dementia or who have complex or acute mental health needs.