Telecare (Sensors and Assistive Technology)
The service is available for anyone, of any age who lives within the Milton Keynes Council area, who would like to feel safer, more protected and independent within their own home, this includes:
- Older, infirm or disabled people.
- Individuals who have been discharged from hospital and require additional support and assistance at home.
- People at risk of domestic violence, racial harassment, repeat victimisation or distraction burglary.
- Those living in high crime areas.
- People of any age living alone.
The types of telecare solutions that can be provided include:
- Systems that mitigate harm: This includes alarms and sensors which will send an alert to a call centre after a pre-determined event so that help can arrive quickly and problems do not escalate. For example bed sensors can raise an alarm if a person does not return to bed within a predetermined time, or an alarm can be set for if a person fails to press a button by a certain time each day to confirm that they are well.
- Systems that reduce the chance of problems occurring: For example, a bed sensor can help prevent falls by activating a light when someone gets out of bed. This helps because the person does not need to reach for the light switch or move around in the dark.
- Systems that help predict problems: These take signals from sensors and analyse what is happening, they can then raise an alert if there is a change in someone's behaviour or wellbeing which can help detect possible health conditions. For example, sleep quality monitors can help with medication and pain management.
Please complete Apply for Telecare - online form once this is submitted we will contact you to discuss your needs and arrange a mutually convenient time for any agreed installation(s)
Last Updated: 3 October 2018