Children's Health and Wellbeing
- Breastfeeding across Milton Keynes is supported by Public Health to increase the initiation and prevalence of breastfeeding. BF Alliance Milton Keynes is a local group their mission statement is to promote, protect, support and normalise breastfeeding in Milton Keynes so that families can achieve their breastfeeding aims.
- Oral Health improvement - Oral health is important for general health and wellbeing. Poor oral health can affect someone’s ability to eat, speak, smile and socialise normally, for example, due to pain or social embarrassment. Please find further information here.
- There is a new healthy weight management service for Milton Keynes from 1 April 2019. MoreLife will deliver child and family weight management services.
- Health Visiting Services – The Milton Keynes Health Visiting Service promotes the health and wellbeing of families with children under five. Health Visiting Services are coming under Public Health from October 2015. Please see the following links for service details: Service Details and further information. Please visit the Health Visiting Service CNWL NHS website for more information.
- School Nursing Services – Milton Keynes School Nursing Team Service provides specialist nursing care, advice and support to school-age children and young people. Milton Keynes school or who are registered with a Milton Keynes GP.
Healthy Young People's Network provides information and support for organisations that support young people’s Health and Wellbeing in Milton Keynes. This includes statutory and non-statutory services as well as independent and voluntary sector services.
Last Updated: 17 June 2019