Eat Out Eat Well
This national scheme has been developed to encourage the provision of healthier options to customers through the use of healthier catering practices such as; increasing fruit and vegetables, grilling instead of frying, using healthier ingredients, decreasing the use of starchy carbohydrates, saturated fat, sugar and salt. The Award also recognises provision of healthy options for children, and rewards staff training, promotion and marketing of healthier options.
The award aims to:
- help consumers make healthier choices when eating out
- benefit caterers by promoting their businesses
- reward companies who support their employees in making healthy choices when eating at work.
Milton Keynes Workplaces achieving the Eat Out Eat Well accreditation:
- Volkswagen Financial Services
- Milton Keynes College; Chaffron Way and Bletchley Campus’s
- Red Bull Racing
– Visit the award winning restaurants, canteens and schools in Milton Keynes and find healthier meal options on the menu for you and your family.
- If you would like to register your interest then please do not hesitate to contact the Public Health team via email or telephone on 01908 252026. By signing up we can start the process and assess your staff canteen/restaurant menus straight away.
Last Updated: 16 April 2018