Take Notice Photography Competition
How often do you ‘Take Notice’ of Milton Keynes?
Take Notice, Be curious. Notice the changing seasons. Be aware of the world around you. Savour the moment. Enjoy the here and now.
Help us to ‘Take Notice’ of Milton Keynes and celebrate MK’s 50th birthday in 2017 by sharing your photographs of our unique city. We want to see your images - a landmark, a place, an event, local nature or local people- whatever inspires and encourages you to ‘Take Notice’ of MK.
Photos must be accompanied by a short caption stating how the image makes you ‘Take Notice’ of MK.
Selected photos will form part of a photo wall exhibition in Milton Keynes shopping centre (INTU) and 10 photographs will be selected for printing and hanging in the shopping centre for the remainder of Milton Keynes 50th Year celebrations. Winning images will also feature in a display of local photographs as part of a competition exhibition during Mental Health Awareness week. Enter now.
Age categories: 5-16 years and 16+
Two winning entries from each category will win a prize of a framed print and Intu shopping vouchers, and a copy of Unexpected MK by local photographer, Gill Prince, will be given to the three runners up in each category and the winning entries.
What you need to know
- There are two age categories: 5-16 years and 16 +
- All photos must be taken within Milton Keynes: place, event, nature or people
- Individuals can submit a maximum of three photo’s but will only be eligible to win one prize
- Entries must be accompanied by a caption stating how the photo relates to ‘Taking Notice’ of Milton Keynes (there is no minimum word limit)
- Entries should be submitted using the online form or as an attachment to an email
- Image quality of all images should be provided at print resolution
- Work should be original
- All photos’ submitted may be used for publication in promotional 5 Ways MK materials and exhibited to the general public. Credit will be given to photographers and photos will not be sold on for any reason.
- Photographs may be used in the local press.
- There will be 2 prizes given in each category for the top 2 judged photographs: Framed print, Intu vouchers and a copy of MK50 book. 3 runners up from each category will receive MK50 book.
- The judging panel will be made up of representatives from the local 5 Ways MK partnership
- Judges cannot correspond with entrants or give feedback on submissions
- The competition is supported by Milton Keynes Council, Intu and the local 5 Ways MK partnership and aims to raise awareness about the 5 Ways to Wellbeing (http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/5waysmk).
What you need to do
- All entries should be submitted using the form on this page or as an attachment to an email and sent to Takenotice@milton-keynes.gov.uk (max file size for email 10mb)
- In the email subject line please state Take Notice Photography Submission
- Please include the following details in the body of your email:
- Your full name
- Age category
- Title of piece
- Email address/phone number
- Caption stating how the photo makes you ‘Taking Notice’ of Milton Keynes
Deadline for submissions: 14th April 2017
Winners will be notified by: 5th May 2017
Last Updated: 7 August 2019