Mental Health Challenge MK
This year across Milton Keynes we are asking as many people as possible to show their support to raise awareness of mental health by signing our pledge below.
Get involved and download our free toolkit here. (PDF, 254KB)
Ideas of suggested actions, activities or events
Engage in one of the 5 Ways to wellbeing
- Connect – have you noticed someone struggling or unhappy reach out to them
- Take notice - visit a park today, arrange a mindfulness session
- Be Active – take a 10-minute walk at lunchtime and invite a friend
- Give – do something nice for a friend or a stranger, host a tea and talk event
- Keep learning – try something new today, create a Mental Health day display in your workplace with information on local services
Tea and Talk
- Host a ‘Tea and Talk’ event in your workplace. The Mental Health Foundation encouraging people to hold awareness-raising events and invites people to make donations to support their work
- You can order a free pack and download resources to support your event
Schools and education settings
Show your support for YoungMinds support #HelloYellow on World Mental Health Day or Mental Health Awareness Week.
Find out more about what is going on locally to promote and support mental health
Make it a mission to find out about local campaigns and services supporting Mental Health across MK and share across social media.
We are challenging people to take part in an action, activity or event that positively promotes their or others mental health.
Sign up here to register your support and pledge to do something that supports your or other's mental health.
We collect and use information about you so that we can provide you with council services. Full details about how we use this data and the rights you have around this can be found at www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/privacy. If you have any data protection queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Last Updated: 6 May 2020