What goes in the green bin?

The green bin is for food and garden waste, which we send to a commercial composting plant. We can accept any of the items listed below. We will not collect contaminated bins, and it is the householders responsibility to remove the contamination.

Why not test your knowledge of recycling by playing our simple Recycling Game

  • all meat and bones
  • fish
  • bread and pastries
  • dairy
  • tea bags and loose tea and coffee
  • fruit and vegetables
  • grass, weeds and leaves
  • clean sawdust, hay and bark
  • small branches (under 15cm in diameter)

Frequently asked questions about Food and Garden Waste

Last Updated: 16 March 2018