Bins, Bags and Boxes
Important advice for residents living in houses
- Place recycling and rubbish out by 7am on the day of your collection, but no earlier than 5pm the evening before.
- Place the bags and boxes on the boundary of your property closest to where the collection vehicle passes. DO NOT pile up bags in a communal pile in your street.
- All bags must be tied and loose items will not be collected.
- Cardboard must be broken down and placed inside the recycling sack, or taken to your local Household Waste Recycling Centre for recycling.
- If a recycling bag, box or wheelie bin contains the incorrect items it it will not be collected or emptied.
- See our Quick Guide to Recycling in MK (2018) (PDF, 2.4MB)or click below for more details.