For more information about missed collection and when your waste should be collected please see our Bank Holiday Recycling and Waste Collections page
Milton Keynes Council collects from the curbside of most houses each week:
- pink/clear sacks (dry recyclables),
- black sacks (household waste),
- blue boxes (glass bottles and jars),
- yellow bags (batteries)
- green wheeled bins (mixed food and garden waste)
- Bulky waste items (this is a paid for service that you need to book a collection)
Where and when to put your bins out
- Waste must be presented by 7am on the day of your collection (but not before 5pm the evening before)
- Make sure the right waste is put in the right container and that there is no loose waste or cardboard (see details of what to put in each container with above page links)
- Put waste on the boundary of your property closest to where the collection vehicle passes.
If you think your rubbish has been missed by our team please use our missed bin reporting form.
Getting help with putting your bins out
If you need help putting bins bags or boxes out and do not have any friends or relatives who can assist, you can request an assisted collection.
Waste Collections from Flats
Flats, where Eurobins are provided, should ensure that all bags are contained within the correct bin (pink for recycling and black for waste) and access to the bins is not obstructed by loose bags or bulky waste. These larger bins are collected at least once a week, but not necessarily on the same day as the normal household collections.