Hazardous waste

The council cannot collect hazardous waste such as asbestos or fire extinguishers via the weekly bin collections or bulky waste collections, due to licensing conditions. Please seek advice from a service directory, such as Yellow Pages, Thompson etc. under "Waste".

Some hazardous substances can be accepted at our Household Community Recycling Centres

MK residents may take asbestos themselves to the New Bradwell Household Waste Recycling Centre but new legislation states it must be completely wrapped in plastic for the safety of members of the public and our staff on site.

Alternatively, view the Asbestos Removals Contractors Association (ARCA) website which gives lots of advice and information on the removal of hazardous waste as well as listing contractors who are UKAS accredited. The website also contains a section of advice for householders.

For information of how to safely dispose of needles or syringes found in the environment please click on the following link needles and syringes

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.


Last Updated: 23 June 2020