Contacting the Ombudsman

If you have completed the final stage of our complaints procedure and you are still not happy with the outcome, you can contact the Ombudsman or your local MP.

You may approach the Ombudsman at any point, they provide a free and independent service. They will normally only investigate complaints that have been through the Council's complaints process; however they may investigate sooner if a vulnerable person is involved.  

The Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman 

For more information visit their website

You can write to them at the following address:

Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Telephone: 0300 0610 614 

Housing Ombudsman Service 

For more information visit their website

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
London E14 9GE

Telephone: 0300 111 3000



Complaints about regulatory advice can be raised with The Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel

Last Updated: 11 October 2019