Accessing your Rights under Data Protection
Under Data Protection Laws, you have the following rights:
- Right of access (to receive a copy of your personal data)
- Right to rectification (to request that inaccurate data is corrected)
- Right to request erasure (that data is deleted)
- Right to restrict processing (to request we don’t use your data in a certain way)
- Right to data portability (in some cases, you can ask to receive a copy of your data in a commonly-used electronic format so that it can be given to someone else)
- Right to object (generally to make a complaint about any aspect of our use of your data)
- Right to have explained if there will be any automated decision-making, including profiling, based on your data and for the logic behind this to be explained to you
Your Right to be Informed about what information we hold about you - for more information about this, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice:
Your Right to access a copy of your personal data - for more information about this, please see:
Regarding other Rights, it depends on why we are collecting your data in the first place. If we are processing your information based on you giving us consent to do so, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Doing so may mean we are unable to provide the service you are hoping to receive and the implications of you giving or withdrawing your consent will be explained at the time. The table below will help you determine further rights you might have depending on whether we are relying on a legal obligation, contractual arrangements, public task, your vital interests or your consent for holding your data.
X = you do not have the right for this.
If you wish to ask for your information to be amended / deleted, or if you wish to complain about the way your personal data has been handled, please use the forms below
If you have any questions regarding your Rights under Data Protection, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details below, or approach the Information Commissioner's Office for advice.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
Tel No: 01908 254900
Post: Data Protection, Milton Keynes Council, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HS.
Last Updated: 10 January 2019