Re-Use of Public Sector Information Regulations (ROPSI)


Many different types of organisations request information from Milton Keynes Council.  This could be informally just by request or more formally under Data Protection legislation, the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR).

Any information supplied by us (especially under FOI or EIR) is for your personal use only. If we have created that information then the Council retains the copyright and it remains the property of Milton Keynes Council. Should you wish to re-use the information for anything other than personal use (e.g. for profit) you must obtain a licence from the Council under the Reuse of Public Sector Information Regulations.  These licences are available by contacting the Corporate Information Management Team. Please note that in some cases there may be a charge for this.

The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 applies to all documents held by public sector bodies unless stated as specifically excluded.

If the Council becomes aware that information supplied by us has been re-used (eg for commercial gain) without our permission, then we have the right to invoke appropriate legal action

For further information and to request a ROPSI licence please contact the Corporate Information Management Team using our contact details listed on this page

Last Updated: 14 August 2018