The Transparency Code 2015, published by the Department for Communities and Local Government, requires that all Local Authorities publish certain information on a regular basis to increase transparency and drive accountability. The Code requires some information to be published on a quarterly basis and the remainder of the information to be published annually.
Information that must be published at least Quarterly
Information that must be published at least Annually
Information that must be published once only
Further Useful Information
- Individual items of expenditure that exceed £500 - this is updated on a monthly basis
Details of every invitation to tender for contracts to provide goods and /or services with a value that exceeds £5,000. This is available via the Council e-tendering portal In-tend
- Details of any contract, commissioned activity, purchase order, framework agreement and any other legally enforceable agreement with a value that exceeds £5,000. These can be found on the Council Contracts Register
- Council Constitution - The Council’s Constitution sets out how the Council operates and how it makes decisions
- Organisation Chart (PDF, 18KB)- A chart showing the top three levels of the Council's organisation. A revised chart will be available by the end of April including the staff who transferred from MKSP
- Senior Salary Information (XLSX, 19KB) - The following information as required by the code:
- the number of employees whose remuneration in that year was at least £50,000
- details of remuneration and job title of certain senior emplyees whose salary is at least £50,000
- responsiblities of those employees whose salary exceeds £50,000 (for example services and functions they are responsible for, budget held and number of staff). This information can be found within the role profiles. Please note that these roles will evolve over time and that job titles on the senior salary list may slightly differ from the Role Profile
- Pay Multiple - this is the relationship between remuneration of chief officers and the remuneration of other staff
- Trade Union Facility Time (DOCX, 15KB) - information about trade unions represented in Milton Keynes Coucil including the number of union representatives and spending on unions
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations (XLS, 64KB)
- Parking spaces - the number of controlled parking spaces across Milton Keynes (XLS, 44KB)and within Central Milton Keynes (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Parking Account - a breakdown of income and expenditure on the parking account and how any surplus is spent. Details of the parking account are contained in Annex A and Annex B to the Delegated Decision report considered on 28th April 2015. Further related documents are also published. The 2015/16 data will be available in June
- Fraud - Information about counter fraud work (XLSX, 11KB)
- Land Assets (XLS, 196KB) - details of all land and building assets
- Social Housing Asset Information (XLS, 61KB) - details of the value of social housing stock that is held in the Housing Revenue Account. The difference between the tenanted sale value of homes within the Housing Revenue Account and their market value is the discount amount. The discount is calculated using formulae provided by the Department for Communities & Local Government and is based on length of tenancy. The publication of this information is not intended to suggest that tenancies should end to realise the market value of properties.
In addition to these regularly published datasets the Code requires Local Authorities to publish details of their current waste management contract. Household Refuse Collection & Cleansing Services Contract
You are allowed to download and reuse this information in line with the conditions laid out in the Open Government Licence.
The Council also publishes other information which may be useful.
- Food Hygiene Report:
The aim of the "Scores on the Doors" scheme is to promote food safety and empower consumer choice, making information available to the public that they have a right to under the Freedom of Information Act.
Food businesses are awarded a star rating based on the food hygiene standards identified at the time of the food hygiene inspection - the results are then made available for potential customers to view.
The Public Access for Planning system allows you to view planning applications, decision notices, appeals and associated documents online.
- Licensing Register:
We are required to maintain a register of all applications received, and licenses issued, under the Licensing Act 2003, relating to Alcohol and other activities such as entertainment and late night food traders.
You can now search and view our on-line register of applications made and licenses issued under the Licensing Act 2003, for Premises Licenses, Personal Licenses and Temporary Event Notices (TENs).
- Councillors and Committees:
Find out about the various committees and individuals who represent you on your local council. Find out who sits on which committees, any decisions or declarations they have made, examine agendas and minutes of any meeting and find out how to contact any member of your local council.
- Councillor Allowances:
The Scheme of Councillors' Allowances for the current year and Councillors' expenses for previous years.
- Job Vacancies:
Current vacancies in Milton Keynes Council
- Budget Information:
The budget book, setting out the council's planned use of its finances for the coming year.
- Housing Performance:
The Housing and Communities Agency is the Regulator for social housing landlords. It has implemented a regulatory framework based on co-regulation between social housing landlords and tenants. This includes national standards to monitor the performance of landlords. All Social landlords have to agree their own local standards with their tenants and report how they are doing against these.