Impact Assessments and Publications
Under equality legislation, the Council has a legal duty to have ‘due regard’ to the need to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- advance equality of opportunity between different groups; and
- foster good relations between different groups
We have ‘due regard’ in our decision-making process by considering the results of assessment, which are summarised on the relevant decision report.
Find the relevant reports on CMIS, find the relevant meeting or delegated decision or find out the forward plan of decision in the public documents.
Budget Impact Assessment has its own page.
Other useful publications and links:
- The know your rights hub contains information on equality and human rights
- Disability transport and equipment including Disabled Student Allowance, Blue Badge and disabled access
- Carers Information including Carer's Allowance, Disability Day Centres and Disabled Children
- Disability Rights links to the definition of equality
- Freedom of Expression Legal Framework is a useful guide to the legal framework which protects freedom of expression and the circumstances in which that freedom may be restricted in order to prevent violence, abuse or discrimination.
Last Updated: 6 January 2020