Help using My Milton Keynes
You can use My Milton Keynes by entering a postcode or street in the My Milton Keynes area of the council’s home page.
This will take you to the My Milton Keynes welcome page and present you with a selection of addresses. Alternatively if you have navigated directly to the My Milton Keynes welcome page you can use “Search for a location” to find the address you are interested in.
After choosing an address My Milton Keynes will populate with information pertinent to that address and locality and you may use any of the following services:
- My Property
- My Nearest
- My Maps
Just click the tab you wish to use.
How to use the Address Search Facility
In the “Search for a location” box just enter your house number, street, area or postcode and select “Find"
My Milton Keynes will accept any one of the following parts of an address:
- Part/all of the first line of an address e.g. "6 Kaplan", "6 Kaplan close", “Kaplan 6”;
- Postcode e.g. “MK5 7ED”;
- Property name, especially if less common e.g. '”Rose Cottage”;
- Street name, more useful for smaller streets e.g. “Rycroft”;
- Property number, more useful for unusual numbers e.g. “20a”;
- Location name, useful for finding properties within a village e.g. “Ravenstone”.
When entering address details:
- Don't worry about case - searches can be done using capitals and/or lower case letters;
- Complete your words e.g. for a street name or postcode;
- and do not enter a full address - there is less chance of finding the address you want due to possible spelling mistakes / variations and how the address is structured in the database.
For any address information entered, a list of suggested addresses will automatically appear below the entry box.
Please note this will only list current properties within the Milton Keynes Council administrative area.
If your address is missing or incorrect please contact us using the report an address error form.
By selecting your desired address from the list a cookie will be placed onto your PC which contains the spatial coordinates of the property. These coordinates are used in a variety of ways to search the various databases associated with the site and return information about your property or about the facilities and services closest to your property, it is also used to centralise the My Maps page at your property.
Before using My Milton Keynes for the first time, please make sure you have read the welcome screen (shown as 1 in the following screenshot) and pay particular attention to the terms and conditions page (2). The address search tool (3) is shown at the top of the page. This is where you enter and search for your property.
My Milton Keynes returns information at and near to a selected address. This could be where you live or where you are planning to live, as long as it is within Milton Keynes Council’s administrative area.
My Maps can be used without needing to specify an address. Although an address must be entered in order to use all of the other services including My Property and My Nearest.
Please note: My Maps will not appear if browser scripting is switched off - you will be alerted of this by a message at the top of the page.
Last Updated: 20 August 2020