View planning applications

Copyright Notice:

It is important to realise that plans, drawings and materials submitted to the council are protected by the Copyrights Act (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without prior permission of the copyright owner. By clicking on the link to our planning system below, you agree to abide by this copyright notice before being able to view any documents.

Accessing Planning Applications

Anyone can use our online planning system to:

Register for Email Alerts

You can receive email alerts about applications you’re interested in by registering. Save your search and select to be notified when new applications are submitted, or track individual applications.

Commenting on Planning Applications

Before submitting comments, we suggest you read our Comment, Object or Support FAQs.

Applicants, councillors and the public shall have access to view any comments that are submitted. 

We take steps to ensure that personal phone numbers, email addresses and signatures are not visible. However, if you find this not to be the case, please notify us on planning or call us on 01908 252358, so that we can remove them as soon as possible.

Using the Public Access planning register

Step-by-step instructions for using our Public Access planning register

Applications Going to Development Control Committee/Panel

You can view the reports that will be presented in Development Control Committee or Development Control Panel. The Scheme of Delegation determines which applications are determined by Development Control Committee/Panel and which are determined under the delegated authority of Council Officers.

Contacting Your Ward Councillor

You can discuss applications with your local Ward Member/Councillor by accessing their contact details on the My Milton Keynes mapping system and enter your postcode.

What Happens After the Council Has Decided?

The council’s decision will appear on the public access website and only the applicant has a right of appeal. It is therefore important that you voice any concerns before the council decides.

If you believe the council’s decision to be flawed (e.g. inadequate consideration of a relevant factor), you may make a complaint. Only once you have exhausted the internal complaints procedure may you take the issue to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If you were notified of the application or have submitted written comments, we will let you know if the applicant appeals and provide the Planning Inspectorate with any copies of your letters.

If you believe work is not being carried out in accordance with an approved plan, you should let us know on the contact details to the left.

Back to Top


Last Updated: 12 August 2021