Serco services for Parishes
Serco parish enquiry form
Services provided by Serco:
- Grass-cutting, shrub and hedge pruning or removal, weed control and grass re-seeding
- Tree works
- Annual bedding and hanging-basket supply
- Supply and planting of shrubs and trees
- Removal of shrub beds
- Landscape design and construction of hard and soft landscaping areas
- sports pitch maintenance
- Pond clearance and maintenance
- Supply and maintenance of tools, equipment and materials
- Hard surface cleansing and sweeping
- Litter picking and bin emptying
- Hard surface weed control
- Graffiti removal
- Specialist washing and cleansing of bins, furniture, signage
- Mechanical sweeping
- Servicing and supply of dog bins
Play and open areas
- Design and construction of new or existing play areas
- Supply and installation of play equipment, spares and safety surfacing.
- Operational or Annual Play area inspections, cleansing and repairs.
- Supply, installation and maintenance of Public Realm assets including all types of fencing, litter bins, shelters and seating.
- Ground works such as tar and chip paths blocks or slabs.
- Installation or repair of wooden structures such as small bridges, broad walks, decking and pergolas.
We have found Roy & Nick from Serco to be really helpful working with the wardens and myself as we start the process of taking on more of the landscape duties for our area. We are looking forward to working together more in the future to benefit the residents of Shenley Brook End & Tattenhoe parish.
Sharon Kerr - Parish Manager, Shenley Brook End & Tattenhoe Parish Council
Why work with Serco?
We work within established industry best practice guidelines and quality standards for all of the horticultural works and maintenance we provide. All works are completed to the highest quality standards by our own trained, experienced and directly employed service landscape services teams.
We're committed to working sustainably using ‘low impact’ maintenance methods and wherever possible the most environmentally friendly methods of pest and weed control. We make best use of sustainably sourced, recycled and re-used products throughout and our collected waste arisings are sent for composting and environmentaly friendly disposal.
All of our services come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee which means we are not happy unless you are.
- Trustworthy We are trusted, reliable local supplier to parish and town councils and residents.
- Affordable We are happy to work to the requirements of an existing service specification and schedule or as an alternative we can recommend a maintenance regime to meet your needs and budget.
- Flexible We work flexibly with you to meet your local requirements offering 12, 24 and 36 month contracts linked to an agreed specification and an annual programme of works. We can also support one off requests or simply work with you on an ad hoc basis.
- Responsive We recognise that from time to time things change and are very happy to amend the programme of activities on site to meet your particular local needs.
- Reliable If inclement or adverse weather means we are unable to attend or complete the works on the agreed date we will keep you up to date with our progress until the works are completed
All staff are fully UK Right to Work checked. Landscaping staff are also Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS) vetted. All staff are trained and qualified to at least an NVQ 2 for all horticulture works and street cleansing. Staff hold RoSPA, IOSH & Nebosh Safety Certification for ‘Safe Systems of Working’.
Serco is a Carbon Trust Accredited Company. It holds PA1/PA2/PA6 certificates for 'Safe use of Pesticides' for weed control, CS30.1/CS30.2/CS31 Certificate of Competence in chainsaw related tasks, and has fully ISO 9,000, 14,000 and 18,000 accredited management systems.
As the Events Officer for West Bletchley Council, I have been commissioning Serco for the last three years as to support our annual Carnival. The crew that have worked with us over the last three years have been approachable, proactive, hard-working and keen to work with our staff - thank you.
Corrina Milner - Community Engagement and Events Officer, West Bletchley Council
Last Updated: 11 February 2019